Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Got Creeper?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by captaintaytay, Jan 21, 2017.

1. I bought two soft land gym floor mats which are great and water proof .
    They were on offer at the local DIY store for $4 each. So I bought four.

image.jpg

2. 48SuperConvert

48SuperConvert
    from Seattle

I've gone through two of the Harbor Freight creepers (I guess I'm getting to heavy). But I like cardboard the best when I have a clean sheet to work on (keeps all that cold from soaking in to my old bones).

3. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

I used them for years, when I was younger. Now it's just a piece of cardboard or some 1/4" foam in the winter, comfy warm.

It's too much work to get off them, keep sliding around while my busted ass knees try to get off, at least the cardboard stays still.

Had to look for mine, it's buried in the corner behind the drill press.

Cliff
    IMG_5052.JPG

4. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

It's kind of strange, how many people must buy a creeper on the notion that it's just expected any mechanic would need one, "so I better get one.". They are always hanging up on a wall somewhere in a shop. Hm.

5. squirrel

squirrel

....and the real mechanics actually use them

6. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Well I think that's the point here after five (5) pages, a hell of a lot of 'em don't!!

7. Handfull54

Handfull54

I just buy cardboard boxes at Home Depot. They come flat and for $4 you can get a fair size one. When they wear out recycle them. Keep you a little warmer too. I hate getting old

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. patterg2003

patterg2003

I like to lay on a pc of 1 or 1-1/2" extruded EPS foam insulation. It reflects the body heat back and it makes it comfortable laying on cold concrete or frozen ground. The EPS can take the abuse and knee pressure better than the white bead board and get fair mileage out it. EPS here is available in 16" x 8ft sheathing board that will give 2 pieces to lay on. If a person stuck EPS to 1/4 plywood then it would never break and would last a long time.
    My friend has a couple pcs of 3/8 plywood approx. 2ft x 4 ft with an inch of medium density upholstery foam covered with a tough fabric wrap stapled to the underside of the plywood. The upholstered boards are comfortable for kneeling & laying on warm or cold.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  9. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I use a creeper when I've got a vehicle on a cement floor . Been working on a 71 F250 for several afternoons . The creeper keeps me up off the cold ,antifreeze and oil soaked floor . When I'm outside under something I slide a large piece of cardboard under what ever I'm working on.