Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hambers above and beyond

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackout78666, Jan 31, 2017.

1. blackout78666

blackout78666

I just wanted to publicly thank a fellow hamber that went above and beyond in a transaction for some parts. He " Duncan " on the H.A.M.B. Answered a want ad for Some old sprint car parts. Long story short was looking for 1 thing and ended up with a lot of things. The one thing would have fit in a box and been easily mailed and we ended up with a 600 pound crate that had to shipped. Here's the kicker. Duncan lives in Canada. No big deal. Just have him drop off crate at fastenal in Canada and all is well. Fastenal does not offer this service from Canada to the states. Shit. Also Duncan lives on an island. Wtf did we get into?!?! This fellow very well packed a crate. , took a ferry to mainland, did the border crossing with some skeptical Mounties and dropped the crate off at a fastenal in the US. Everything made it here to Texas and I felt this man deserves a public hell yeah and thank you. Hear so many shitty stories I felt he should get some props. Thanks Duncan. Cheers

2. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Some H.A.M.B. members are simply AMAZING, Duncan we salute you!
    KK

23WYATT23, mad mikey and biggeorge like this.
  3. 23WYATT23 likes this.

4. Great story. :)

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I've generally had all good HAMB experiences and only 1 x bad one over the years. Cudos to the HAMBER for doing what he did and you for recognising his efforts. I always try to go the extra yard and help out where I can but that's me.

6. Thank you Jay. Have fun with those old parts. Go fast, turn left.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Ditto, I have had great trades with Duncan. Great work!

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

great to have a good ending to story - Thanks for taking time to recognize a stand up guy

mad mikey likes this.
  9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Ron did a great job making sure Jay got the sprint car parts he bought, personally taking a loaded crate through US Customs and dropping them off at the nearest Fastenal outlet. A good example of going above and beyond to make sure a Hamb transaction is carried out to the satisfaction of everyone concerned.

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

A HAMBer gave me a set of Henry spindles and king pins for my T project. Not only that, but he reamed and installed the bushings in the spindles. Needless to say, when they showed up, I was speechless. HAMBers and Hot Rodders are some of the best folks I know.

11. mike bowling

mike bowling

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is what it's all about.
    "Duncan" ( Ron ?) - You have set the bar high, and I hope others will follow your lead.
    And thanks to the OP for giving credit where credit's due.

mad mikey and Danekejt like this.
  12. I normally trust H.A.M.B.ers...several times just sent a check directly from the bank and parts have arrived.....I do this because I know what you guys do to bad deals and rip-offs......and my not so traditional thoughts....

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. attaboy Duncan....hope you get a return good deal !

14. Danekejt

Danekejt
    from Pa

Duncan is a class act and an example of why I truly believe there are FAR more better people in the world then bad ones especially with car folks.

15. Thank you all for the kind words. I try to treat people as I would like to be treated. Unless of course, I don't like them, then all bet's are off.:rolleyes:

Ray C's son likes this.
  16. eddie1

eddie1

A good Canadian kid!

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

We have pmed on the HAMB a bit but never managed to meet up face-to-face, we gotta rectify that soon. Duncan, you and @hb32 should look each other up, he just moved over to the island, used to live a few blocks from me here in Surrey.

18. jvpolvere1

jvpolvere1

Blackout78666, very cool of you to take the time to recognize Duncan for going above and beyond the call. Duncan sounds like the kind of guy that would have mushed a team of Huskies if he were frozen in on the island. Well done, Duncan.

I have a similar experience with goboy33. I bought a Caddy tranny and bellhousing from him. He took it with him from Missouri to Florida, so I could pick it up while on a job from NY to Florida. The Florida job cancelled. So we made arrangements to ship via Fastenal. He knew I was also interested in an engine, but could not afford it. So he offers to add it to the pallet going to Fastenal. "Pay me when you can", he says.

Bill, are you related to Duncan?

A couple of exceptional HAMB-ers.

Sent from my SM-T377V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'm glad Duncan lives on Vancouver Island because if it was the other "rock" on our east coast that would be at least an 8 hour trip each way!

I have to mention Desotot as he brought down some parts for me from th interior of BC and was a pleasure to meet and deal with. Way to go Jack!

20. belair

belair

Give that man a golden maple leaf. Way to go.

21. Awe Shucks, Thanks for the sentiment, but I was just doing what needed to be done. Now, quick, somebody call me an asshole, to bring me back to reality.

Max Gearhead likes this.