Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Finally got the title straighten out on the 56 chrysler and tagged today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Feb 1, 2017.

1. I had problems with the title with the 56 Chrysler{so what else is new? LOL.}when I went to tag it last month.The title only had 1 spot for the seller to print his name and he printed his name but signed it where I was to sign it as the buyer. The tag office say it wouldn't fly. I had to get some paper work for the P.O to sign. The problem I didn't buy it from the P.O. {he lived in the same town as me as I found out} but traded it to a fellow about an hour away from me. I traded a station wagon for it and he gave me the open title. Its all good now. I tracked down the original owner and he signed the paper work. I finally went down and got her tagged today and got a new clear title today.I hope to have a lot of fun driving her this spring. Thanks Bruce. 001.JPG

oldsjoe, Ford52PU, quick85 and 6 others like this.
  2. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Glad you are rolling along, sometimes that's a little challenging! Gary:D

Bruce Fischer and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. raven

raven

I love it when a plan comes together...
    r

Bruce Fischer and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. ............................Glad the original owner was still alive. I've never had much luck getting a dead man to sign anything.:eek:

5. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

congratz on the new shiny title. Looks like I may now have to file lost title on mine.
    Got it from my uncle and he had the title from when he bought it in 79 or 80, but now cant find it and was never put in his name. ... Sigh
    But glad that car is working out for you, remember your first post thinking about trading.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  6. Bruce,
    When I saw your name associated with the word "title", I must admit my backside began to pucker, thinking "here's another case of headaches coming down the road".
    Glad it all worked out, with a minimum of inconvenience.

7. I had a squeaky clean title for my Ford... all my ducks in a row. Still at the DMV, when they huddle and take the title behind closed doors, confidence is not high! My non-ordeal still took 1.5 hours to get me out the door with a set of plates. Ya done good Bruce!

8. Glad you skated through that one.
    If the i's aren't dotted and the t's aren't crossed it can be a tough ride.

9. jvpolvere1

jvpolvere1

Actually you can get a dead man to sign, but you need to help him hold the pen. Really much harder when they've been cremated though.

Sent from my SM-T377V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

John Eberly and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. jvpolvere1

jvpolvere1

Congrats Bruce. I'm sure you're looking forward to getting it "on down the road".
    Jim

Sent from my SM-T377V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Asphalt Angel likes this.
  11. 2many projects.The problem there is usually a place for the seller to print his name and then another spot for him to sign.I don't know if it was a screw up on the title or what. There was only 1 spot for the seller to print his name so here printed his name then, he signed his name where I was to print my name as the buyer. Glad I got it straighten out. I hope this is my last project. LOL. Bruce.

12. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Glad you got it taken care of. I had title problems with both a Nova & Chevelle I purchased. No more open, unsigned titles for me. I once had a small town police officer give me the okay to take away a '66 Chevelle
    that apparently sat for a while in a restaurant parking lot...no plates, no vehicle sticker, no note from an owner in the window. I can only imagine the headaches I might have gotten from that ordeal. I passed
    on it.

13. My wife is gone almost 3 years, her signature is holding up pretty well! She signs all sorts of things for me.

Bruce Fischer and jvpolvere1 like this.
  14. BJR

BJR

In Wisconsin I always have all our cars titled in my name OR my wife's, so it reads Brian or Doris on the title. That way either one of us can sign without the other one signing. If it said Brian and Doris we both would have to sign. This has save a lot of hassle when selling cars and one of us is not around, or in the case when eventually one of us dies.

15. gatz

gatz

Speaking of "OR" on a title, that didn't work for me.
    I had a Nebraska title for a car that read my Dad's name OR my name as the owner.
    The title was issued in the 60's and never up-dated as there wasn't any reason....until I decided to sell the car.
    The DMV would not let me transfer the title even tho' it had both names with "OR" plainly part of the original entry by the county clerk at the time.
    "Oh, the State changed that" really ??
    I had to jump through some hoops to confirm that my Dad was deceased.
    Had to go to the State Vital Records to get documentation showing he had died.

16. 327Eric

327Eric

I just paid the Kalifornia DMV 97 dollars to update and keep the title to my Henry J, already in my name since 1992. It was on non op status for years, and all the sudden started accumulating fines. And i have been keeping close tabs on it all these years.

17. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

A clear title and new tags gives you a "warm fuzzy" feeling on a cold winter night!
    Many happy miles with your now "legal" Chrysler.
    KK

18. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Glad to hear your up and legal.That is always a good feeling!

19. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Bruce,have you forgotten how to hand draw an inspection sticker? I'm very disappointed...

20. Franklin, lets not go there or how I used to scrape off good ones at the junk yard for my clunckers. LOL. Bruce.

51 BIRD likes this.
  21. I had an OT Chevy wagon years ago when I was broke, no way it would pass an emissions test. I made up at work a stack of 10-day temporary stickers with the date stamps on them ready to go. Used those for close to a year.

Bruce Fischer and 51 BIRD like this.
  22. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

You needed a title to take that Chrysler to the scrap yard??? LOL I won't bore you with how its done in Arkansas for only $19.85 . I'll be over in Sody Daisy this summer for a car show where the owners rotate in other people cars till they've ridden in all of them.

23. Old wood, I don't really know what you are talking about.? The Chrysler I just got its not going to the scrap yard. I had some problem with the title for the 56 chrysler but got it straighten out and all legal now.There is no state inspection where I live in T.N. Now back when I lived in N.J. there was state inspection and I used to go to the junk yards and scrape off a inspection sticker off a car that was junked and use the sticker for my clunker that wouldn't pass inspection in N.J. LOL. Bruce.

24. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

They do it in Chicago, on every election day. LOL.

lothiandon1940 likes this.