Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Oh OK, I don't do the facebook thing and only occasionally go onto Instragram.
    Here's another to add to the pile of covers, that are going feral?? Tony and Pat will get a real kick out of this one!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  2. Ha ha I like that "going feral" , going viral sounds like something you need to see the doctor about.

509garyd likes this.
  3. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

You may be right FB. As the editor and chief of 'The Magazine Of The Mind' publishing company maybe I need to see a doctor ( a shrink?? ).
    Anyhow here's a new cover featuring'The Macalister Roadster'. I know Judy and Wayne will get a kick out of this if they see it.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  4. p__moore

p__moore

Geoff that's a special one, never thought I'd make it to a cover with Tony let alone in 1951 thanks for doing that. The Aussie covers are really cool.

5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a new cover featuring a couple of narly A model roadsters.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's one that will probably get a few likes. God knows people seldom comment. Is that a sign of the times in which we live and all the technology we live with?
    Thankyou Garyd, yeah it's a bit of a down and dirty cover that one. I like the feel of both those roadsters.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

tommyflathead and 509garyd like this.
  7. chero 59

chero 59
    from Australia

Hi "Whodaky" Thanks for the cover shot ....... looks good with the roof chop, Jude & Wayne

8. p__moore

p__moore

Love the roadster cover mate

Geoff I was wondering today, what's the longest trip you've been on with your coupe?

9. Retroline

Retroline

Great bunch of covers Geoff. I love the one with Tony and Pat's roadsters. Hope all is well down Mexico way.

p__moore likes this.
  10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou for the replies.
    Hi Jude and Wayne. My pleasure on doing the cover. I don't know that the roadster would be easy to use with a chop. But it does look good. I lowered the headlights also.
    Pat. I drove the 5W to Perth Christmas '89. Was away for 2 months and did around 7000 miles. On my return about 7 weeks later it made it's first trip to Lake Gairdner. The longest trip so far in the 3W is around 1000 k's.
    Chad all is well here. Although today was a sad one for Margaret and I. We had to have our dog ( Doby ) put to sleep.
    Anyhow here's a cover that will make us all smile and dream.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    509garyd, fuzzybear and tommyflathead like this.
  11. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Whodack really love the Vinther cover!!! My favourites keep getting bumped off by new works
    I'm sorry to read about killer, confort to know resting in a better place now.

12. Sorry to hear about your dog Geoff. Dogs are definitely the best people.

13. Really sorry to hear about your dog Geoff. Take care Mate...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg Whodack check this shot I drug up...

15. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Whodack a few backdrops props for you to play with. Better run them past the execs at the magazine of the mind HQ!

16. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou guys on your thoughts about our little dog. When they go they leave a big hole in one's life. We still have our cat ( Larry ) and of course Gussy.
    Tom thankyou for those images. I have put them in the ever expanding file of images for future use, in the deep dark archives at 'The Magazine Of The Mind Publishing Company'.

Geoff aka whodaky

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  17. Geoff
    Sorry to hear about Doby, our pets are way special.

18. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

I haven't been on here since the run with my young mate Pat in his down and in the weeds roadster , the trip has taken it toll on my back and leg , love the covers Geoff of the master and apprentice roadsters and of Wayne and Jude roadster looks great ,we had a great time there with Gary Dee frank and carol and daddy choppit and Darren and the rest of the gang at the run . I am very sad to hear about doby I will miss him greatly when I come to visit soon .

509garyd likes this.
  19. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:( Hi Geoff.Sorry to hear about your four footed buddy.Have lost my share over 60 some years.They do leave a hole in a persons life.Loving the covers that you are doing.Thanks for taking the time and effort that goes into doing them.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

509garyd likes this.
  20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou guys for your replies and the kind thoughts regarding our recent lose.
    Here is a new cover I just did. Another pictorial debate on the subject, 'To Chop or Not To Chop?'.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  21. fuzzybear likes this.
  22. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Must be the day for '32 3windows. I didn't have to alter these at all.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Retroline, 509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  23. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Some more Whodacky!

Retroline, fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  24. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here you go Tom.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

25. Retroline

Retroline

Sorry to hear about your hound Geoff, it is sad to see them go. Frustrated with a bad back so before I play with some models today, I thought I'd check your latest works. Keep them going.

26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Had a different day yesterday. My niece ( Nikki Tisdale ) is raising money for cancer research ( nearly a year ago she lost her dad to prostate cancer). Later in the year she hopes to go on a charity bike ride from Mount Hotham ( here in Victoria ) to Hobart in Tasmania ( Tour De Cure Australia ). So yesterday we had a very successful sausgae sizzle at Bunnings in Hoppers Crossing. People are so generous and supportive. I think nearly all of us are affected by cancer in some way. Nikki did the bulk of the orgnising, Bunnings supply the BBQ, Gas, awning and venue ( free of charge ). So Nikki, my other niece Zoe, their mum Pat ( my older sister, they both flew over from Perth ), Nikki's friend Max ( the head BBQ cook ), my younger sister Margaret and myself had a most enjoyable day catering to passing customers.
    The bonus for me was Pat brought over my 2 dirt track front tyres I had bought in Perth a couple of years ago.
    Thanks for your reply Chad. Sorry to hear about the back. Take care lifting those plastic sidevalves.
    So here's a new cover. I really like the T roadster.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

27. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another new cover.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

fuzzybear likes this.
  28. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

That last cover begs to ask the question asked on this cover. I could live with this 3W either shown on this cover.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

29. Retroline

Retroline

Great work on the charity BBQ Geoff, Cancer does seem to affect everyone in some way be it family or friend, I had a better day today, actually out in the garage out of frustration, started to restore the '40 wheel for the coupe. I must be getting old as I prefer the unchopped version on the cover which is kind of strange as I always liked chopped 3 windows, 5 windows either way.

509garyd likes this.