Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Product info please?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bikelessbill, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Bikelessbill

Bikelessbill

Has anyone had any experience with Helix suspension products? I've seen some of their products at prices that seem almost to good to be true and got to wondering about quality. Thanks, Bill

2. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

If it seems too good to be true, it is. 'Caveat Emptor', buyer beware

upfberg likes this.
  4. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

5. Helix is code for flaming pile of shit

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Helix=Hoffman=Misery!

7. 55willys

55willys

Cheap Chinese Knockoff Shit. RUN AWAY!!!

8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

9. deucemac

deucemac

Quality and Helix don't belong in the same sentence, verse, paragraph, story, book, or anywhere on the face of the earth.

WiredSpider likes this.
  10. Bikelessbill

Bikelessbill

Thanks everyone. You've made a believer out of me!

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Ah, it was nuth'n!

oj likes this.
  12. We purchased panhard kits, front 4 links with batwings....the rod ends look right, welding are good...batwings are very light weight, won't use them, bought new ones while in SoCal for GNRS....also picked up a SoCal rear 4 link kit...big difference, agree with the rest of the guys, you need to be careful....H.AM.B. alliance vendors normally have great quality and stand by their products..

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. In a word "Junk"

14. oj

oj

They are the Harbor Freight of Hot Rod Stuff.

15. I wouldn't lower HF there far better than HG.

pat59 likes this.
  16. We're talking 1969 era small block Chevy here. I've built many of these over the years having no major problems. Bought a set of Chinese made stainless steel block-hugger headers from Speedway Motors to put on the engine. They looked good and the price was right. I'm using straight plug aluminum heads and these headers were listed for such. Spark plugs hit the 4 inside tubes even with Accel shorty sparkplugs. I had to make a dimpling tool out of rebar and an old socket to clearance them. After a bit of hammer magic, is was time to install ceramic boots for these 4 plugs, because even with dimpling things were still too close. That's not the worse of it. Made in Taiwan valve covers, timing cover, and oil pan. They were all nicely powder coated (no chrome for this guy). I roughed up the gasket surfaces before installation. All 3 leaked after firing up. I was able to get the valve covers to stop only after adding extra-long bolt clamp-downs, and Permatex on both sides of gasket. Oil pan and timing cover are another matter. They've been off 3 times with no success. This includes using the Felpro 1-piece gasket without sealer (as instructed), and then adding sealer the third go-around. The gap between timing cover and oil pan is much too wide for thick gasket and sealer to plug the difference. To cure this problem I ordered a MADE IN THE USA Milodon pan and timing cover. They'll be here this week. I've been working on cars and trucks for almost 40 years. I've had my share of bad parts, but nothing like this. I went online a few days ago seeing I wasn't the only guy having that problem. The tech guy at Milodon told me he hears such horror stories all the time :-(

Darryl Deir likes this.