Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Classified Ad Rant!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GordonC, Jan 9, 2017.

1. What you don't realize is that he was on a deadline for his new tv show "My POS has taken 10 years to get to this point, but now I'll get it finished in a week". Because FedEx was a day late, he couldn't finish the car in time, his tv show never got picked up by the networks, and now he's not a millionaire car builder.

You should always pack a snow shovel, an umbrella and a flotation jacket into the box with the part. That way FedEx has no weather excuses :D

clunker and bobg1951chevy like this.
  2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just to update this thread. Was able to check out the car this weekend and my brother is buying it. SO it all worked out for the better, even after my bitching!:D Oh yeah, did over 1600 miles between 9AM Fri. and 5PM Sun. Got caught in a winter storm too, but got her done!

clunker and pat59 like this.
  3. So, after your initial rant, you were not the prospective buyer for this car ?

4. Photos of the purchase or it didn't happen. JW

partsdawg and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26 T give me a little bit and Ill see if I can get some from my brother. The car was in a storage unit and it was real difficult to take some as stuff was packed in around it.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  6. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

bobg - I had been looking for a car for my brother for months. I had provided this information to the seller right in the beginning, that I was acting on my brothers behalf. I know more about the early hot rods than he does but he had cash waiting and wanted one. Truth is if my brother hadn't bought the car I most likely would have...

bobg1951chevy and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  7. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

It's the times we're living in, both sellers and buyers are becoming more anti-social, inconsiderate, and because they don't have to face you, more rude!

8. Sad to say, but your comments are right on.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok guys here is the ending. My brother was able to pick up the car last weekend and all went well. The seller was a stand up guy and everything worked out. For those that asked here are a couple pictures of it after he rolled it off the trailer and before he put it in the garage. It was still dirty from the haul home.

Attached Files:

10. Sweet Roadster.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  11. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

12. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is a nice car. It had a flatty and 5 speed and that is what is going back into it. My car is its twin but on an A frame instead of the 32 frame.

13. neat little roadster

14. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

If you answer my ad, I guarantee you'll be answered and sent what ever photos and specs you need. You'll get an honest and courteous reply within a day.

INVISIBLEKID and pat59 like this.
  15. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RapRap, now that is the spirit!;)

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

over 7,000 visitors to see details on a rant - glad that it had a good ending

17. Guess it's been said, but with such a fair price, I can well imagine the message traffic he suffered on this sale....

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When an item is sold, there should be a sold box associated with the ad that when ticked, removes the ad. This ad was placed Jan. 16, 2015 and is still running. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...230-250-292-headers-and-as-new-intake.959548/ I was looking for a set of these headers so I PMd the seller several weeks ago. He told me they were sold within 7 days of posting but still the ad is up and not marked sold. I love the search function, but in items for sale, it is useless. Most items are marked sold or sold and not marked at all. Let's get the marketplace cleaned up and maybe those who have something to sell might get their ad read.
    Warren

1959Nomad and PunkAssGearhead88 like this.
  19. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It's the sellers responsibility to edit their ad to post sold.

Even if you had a sold box to remove a ad, the percentage of people utilizing it probably would not change any more than people taking a moment to edit their ad and post sold now.

Look at the classifieds as going to a swap meet and hunting for that rare part you have been looking for.

Thanks for the input.

20. boltupal

boltupal
    from western ny

21. boltupal

boltupal
    from western ny

I got real mad at a past member for not replying after we agreed on a price. Didn"t answer me for 5 weeks. Turns out he died.

22. Big Dad

Big Dad

I like the cars that on there for 2-3 years, way overpriced and they still have not dropped the price , maybe .. in time they will sell ??

23. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boltupal, sad to hear of that persons passing, but I think that falls under mitigating circumstances.

24. Why I'll never leave!!

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  25. slack

slack

Alright, I can't take it anymore. What the hell is wrong with North Carolina?o_O

26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We have that, in California.

27. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! The others are just jealous!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Revived 265 and slack like this.
  28. -Brent-

-Brent-

This is a new-HAMB member deal, for sure. This seller recently told me, "I kinda thought an ad 3,4,5, months old would be history." But, it's not. I've purchased items from the classifieds that hadn't been updated in a far longer amount of time.

29. That's not enough to get me to move!!

30. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It doesn't snow. We don't have hurricanes. There is no vehicle inspection. Cops don't care if you don't have fenders. There is real surf.