Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1933-1934 Ford Vicky 4 door into 2 door conversions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smokeshow, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Smokeshow

Smokeshow

Hey all,
    I need your help... I am really digging the idea of a 4 door 33-34 vicky into a 2 door conversion... I have been searching threads and have see Blindowls as well as Flatnasty... There is one thread that I can't find. It was the same idea but from about 4 or 5 years ago. I remember the member built the car and took pictures of it on the salt flats. It was a flat black car. I can't find the thread or the member for the life of me. We could also use this thread to post up 4 door to 2 door conversions for future research... Anyone know which members car I am looking for??

2. 4 door vicky??

3. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Isn't that "4 door Vicky" really rare?

4. Smokeshow

Smokeshow

I tried to look that name up but did not find any thing... i spelled it like this

4doorvicky
    4 door vicky
    four door vicky
    fourdoorvicky

I was unable to find anything? I am pretty sure this build was posted around the same time the forum changed formats, if that helps at all??

carl.p likes this.

5. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Search Victoria.
    I'll get the popcorn

LOU WELLS likes this.
  6. There ain't no such bird.

7. Squablow

Squablow

Is this the one you're looking for?

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/a-1933-ford-5w-coupe-from-a-4-door-sedan.595811/

I think you are looking at 4 door sedans made into coupes. I'm doing one right now. Not sure where you're getting the term Vicky from, that's generally a slang term for Victoria, which these are not.

IMG_4461.JPG
    IMG_4529.JPG
    This is how far I got in 2 1/2 days, then I had to stash the car in a corner for the winter, I'm waiting on some better quarters that I have lined up. I used the above posted thread as a guide, was very helpful. I also had some help from HAMB member Duke who made me some quarter window and roof shape templates from his original body. I think there's another one and the HAMB guy's name is Fordgasser or Fordgasser1, not sure, also very well done.

kidcampbell71, biggeorge and adam401 like this.
  8. I know what you're referring to. It's a gloss black 34 sedan turned into a kind of...C-400 and the guy posts here. A beautiful car. Has a Hartz cloth top with no 1/4 windows.

kidcampbell71 and Hnstray like this.
  9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

10. Brizio built a 4 door Victoria for Eric Clapton. After seeing the car, I see why Ford didn't do it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

[​IMG]

rustymetal, Dave Mc, Hnstray and 2 others like this.
  12. adam401

adam401

There's a thread on here called like 34 sedan gender reassignment surgery or something like that documenting one guys build on here of a coupe from a sedan. Are you trying to go 4 door to coupe or four door sedan to 2 door sedan.

FYI four door sedan doors are same length as 5 window coupe. 2 door sedan doors same length as 3 window coupe. Door tops are different I believe can't remember. I have 4 door doors on my 5 window but my cars chopped so any difference was dealt with there.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. millersgarage

millersgarage

14. Smokeshow

Smokeshow

15. That's got nothing to do with a Vicky

16. Smokeshow

Smokeshow

Sorry... I am a new guy learning about different cars... I am a mopar guy but do enjoy the other variety :) Hoping that these kinds of threads can show me the differences and show me some good fabrication along the way!

17. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

18. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Yes that 33 is mine , I love the car, makes me smile when others remember seeing it . Thank you IMG_0527.JPG IMG_0922.JPG

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    rustymetal and mgtstumpy like this.
  19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Both the 4 doors are what most of us refer to as "phantoms" meaning that they are custom conversions that look so right that one might think they are original cars that are slightly customized. I've seen the 34 before but hadn't seen the 32 until seeing this thread.