Register now to get rid of these ads!

Order, Order...dammit, sit down! the monthly meeting of der Banger'en to commence.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fur biscuit, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

well i have a reversed eye 32 for the front, and i have a 40 front that i think i am going to run out back, and of course im keeping the 19's:D

im actually planing to just get it as low as possible without modifying the chasis then chop the top 5-6" and run it to look like it was built in the early 40's

o and if anybody missed the post on my stock front brakes that were modified way back in the day to accept wheel cyclinders heres another shot or two, . .

crude yes, but they are proving to work very well actually

Attached Files:

2. HoB

HoB
    from Sweden

Congrats, I,m envious really envious........100++hp;)

3. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

well, first things first: as to chardonnay, i can recommend the 2003 Raumbauer, very fruity (apricots, grapes) but a very nice buttery finish.

As soon as i am done here i am going over to Grgich to have a go at the '03 Carneros Chardonnay (just released)...should be heavenly :D

And as to it being for A's nope. as i am the proprietor of a '17 T and now a '12 Reo (engine only).

4. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

I have completely dissasembled my roadster which was almost ready to fire. I wasn't happy with the welded doors, as they were a bit banged up. Got some new skins to weld and one thing led to another, so I need to start over. I did howerver get some new 19" for the little track/ lakester which now has an A motor in it. a pic of the roadster before

Attached Files:

5. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

where did you get that radiator shell?, looks really neat!

6. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

swiped it from Marshall here on the hamb, he makes them

7. UKAde

UKAde
    from Oxford UK

it's nearly done! my 28 roadster is up and running and will soon leaving NZ for UK

little Austin went trialing last weekend just spent some time beating the bellypan straight

Attached Files:

8. Did a little trialling myself today - here's my old T beside a friend's Standard Nine, with it's freshly fitted Model A four banger.

[​IMG]

This month? Managed to scrape a few hours in the garage working on my A engined T Tourer.

[​IMG]

9. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i think we have mimimum displacement requirement of 1 litre here...:D

10. Phil,

I was going to ask how you got on.

The sprint today in the Alfa (Which I can mention here because its a Banger!) turned from a proper event into a balls out, who can get it most sideways on a water logged runway after all the rain showers!

Getting more mileage out of your run because your spending most of it going round in circles!

11. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

what type of alfa are you running...an early duetto i hope :)

12. Nothing as glamorous as that I'm afraid.

Its a '92 Afla 75. It has got an all alloy 2 lt. twin spark, twin cam and a De Dion rear end, so all is not lost!

Just got this in the inbox.

New reproduction Rajo BB OHV heads for the 'T' engine.

[​IMG]

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/12413.html?1143936498

13. I bought a '26 Chev yesterday at an auction for AU$175
    [​IMG]
    It had this funny looking head :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mmmm Olds 3 port :D

14. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I was wondering when one of those was going to show up on the HAMB! How's the boattail coming along, Jimmy? Have I been missing posts, I've tried to keep my eyes peeled.

Monkeybiker, I love how much you and I think alike. A engined T touring indeed!

[​IMG]

(just a concept, but what do you guys think of the red?)

15. :D :D :D

I actually haven't done anything since December, I spent a month cutting rust out of my daily driver and another month doing other mechanical work to pass the rego check :(
    I will start working on the Chev soon but it may be put on the backburner once I have it running. I have also been collecting parts for a '25/'26 Chev roadster.

The red looks good!

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

I still can't believe I dug up that AMBLER head, there was a lot of other race car related bits under there too. I'll post some photos later today. Cris, thank you Dad for the tip on the AMBLER sales poster, I got it!!! Yesterday I got a lead on another Henderson 4 Mototcycle powered race car.

17. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

nice find! i have come across 2 of those since i started looking. the first had 3 of the rocker arm pedastals busted off and the guy want 500.00 for it. The second had been converted to a SOHC desmo set up, and i didnt want to mess with it. (very cool though!)

18. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

looks like the exchange rate is favoring the english again...3,500 is not a bad price at all. Considering that that asking for a Roof is as high as 5k and the rajo is 10 times the head.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Parting with my BB RAJO was a mistake, but it is running around in the NorthWest somewere. Who is making the reproduction, I need to add that to my wish list.:D

20. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looks like it is being handled by Chaffins Garage out of (Corona, Ca?)

You can find them on the mtfca website under parts suppliers.

21. Do you have any info on the SOHC desmo set up?
    I'm so stoked that I got mine so cheap! :D

Comparison between '28 Chev 2-port & Olds 3-port.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

sad day my bretheren ...i got my RAYDAY special all timed up and ready to go,but she gots a stuck exhaust valve. when is fur biscuit gonna come help me tear into it?

23. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

you got my number...just yell...(sorry to hear you stuck a valve :()

24. TV

TV

I'm really glad to hear the 6-A unit really works, WE installed one on the B-Ville racer, but haven't run it yet. The engine is down for some bottom end work trying to get some more RPM. Hope to get everthing back togeather in the next few wks. Don't you just love this stuff.--TV

25. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I was out of town most of the month of March. During my travels, I had an opportunity to visit a guy that bought one of Dan Price's new Cragar crossflow OHV heads. It was very nicely machined and updated from the original style head that is on my pickup.

I wonder if my wife would get an extra job.............I'll have to think about that.

26. 4 2 GO

4 2 GO

I have located a Vertex Scintilla four cylinder magneto. It has two lines of information on an attached tag:
    0 . 205 041 001 <---
    and
    400 - 0 1750 - 12 1/2 / 1950

The second line looks like advance at 400 and 1750 rpm and rpm when all advance is in. The top line looks like a part number. I interpret the <--- as the direction of rotation. Looking down from the top this indicates clockwise rotation, which is opposite to banger engines.
    Can anyone enlighten me on whether this can be used in a Model B engine. The mag is in excellent condition, new cap and rotor and throws a good spark with hand rotation in either direction. Any information sources are also welcomed.

27. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Okay, stupid newbie question time: I know SOHC means "single overhead camshaft" but what's a Desmo?

28. THECHICK

THECHICK

Me personally? Nothing except begin to re do our entire shop website so it spotlights the good and doesnt resemble a high school art project. Actually- wait! I did push the 60 from the shop to outside the shop (with help considering the damn things is 20 ft long and 8 ft wide) when it came back from the sandblasters looking all pretty & scary at the same time.

Our shop, on the other hand- has done a shitload of stuff. Finished the chop on the Model A , painted a 28 Model A ,a new hood paint and scoop for an Orange Chevelle (nice ride even if it wasnt a HAMBER age car) . Got a customer to take his car away (yeah!) , more work on the 49 PLymouth 'sleeper' custom , The GTX is getting tons o metal work done and brought in a 56 and 57 Chevy to do.

Our poor metal tools needs some rest.

Guess now you realize why I dont see Lenny for days on end... BUSY BUSY!

29. Desdromic (or desmodromic) valves - cams to open AND close...

[​IMG]

30. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow, that's really neat. No valvesprings!