Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Leatherback coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by graceandco, Jan 22, 2017.

1. graceandco

graceandco

1485136982596.jpg My coupe started as a sport coupe and I was lucky enough to find this top in a junk pile. I would like to see pictures of other hot rod coupes done this way. Anyone have pictures?

Sent from my E6782 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

waxhead, dwollam, T-roaster and 10 others like this.
  2. Wow that's a rad hotrod you got there. I really like the top. Are the wheel wells smoothed out too. And an auburn dash with a banjo wheel. Ok show us more pictures of this ride.

graceandco likes this.
  3. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

now that is SPECIAL...

graceandco likes this.
  4. graceandco

graceandco

I sectioned the rear subrail and pinched the quarters in. I wanted the body to fit the frame all the way around. The wheel wells are pulled in and cut to fit the curve of the '32 frame. It's not an Auburn. It's one of the gauge panels I make. Thanks!

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

You have posted pics of your quality workmanship on a couple of other new threads - maybe consolidate pics/info in one thread

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

graceandco likes this.
  6. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

Here is a pic of my brother's '28 Special Coupe

1928   093 (1920 x 1440).jpg

dwollam, Tim, AHotRod and 9 others like this.
  7. graceandco

graceandco

8. I would like to see some photos of the dash you make........

9. Didn't notice the top in an earlier post, this coupe is just incredible, really nicely finished!!

10. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Wow....I'm very intrigued with your car....that is really a visual piece of beauty! Geez, I was drooling over your intake and air breathers from another post earlier....NOW, I find out you make a beautiful dash too??? That is pretty darn cool!;)

graceandco likes this.
  11. flatheadfreakv8

flatheadfreakv8

12. flatheadfreakv8

flatheadfreakv8

Mine started as a leatherback but I decided to go with a standard roof.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. graceandco

graceandco

Trying to figure this app out

14. graceandco

graceandco

I posted a picture on another thread. Homemade intake. I haven't figured this app out yet but a picture of the dash is on there.

15. graceandco

graceandco

16. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Memory says the '29 coupe had the cockpit combing reveal from B pillar to B pillar as part of the tulip and quarter roof panels... special and sport coupe used a band the same size...
    that band is unobtainium...
    I found that a 1930 - '31 big truck used a painted cowlband, the radius on these is almost the same as the cockpit combing atop the quarter / tulip radius on the sportie...
    they are steel, not stainless, get [2] , cut them so you will get enough FLAT to span the back panel...
    on the truck the forward edge is narrower left to right than the trailing edge...
    cut them in half so the extra inward curl [forward] lets it fit against the roof and backlight, with the trailing edge sitting ontop of the quarter / tulip panels...
    I did not do this, but started a truck while finishing off a sportie come cabbie... layed the rusty cowlband onto the quarter / tulip panels and said wow ... that could work... just passing it on...
    the truck cowlbands are narrower than the stock reveal band but will cover the canvas to color seam if needed...
    anybody got a cowl band and can take an... "end view pic ?" to show the forward / trailing edge thing...
    with some of the craftsmen showing their work here i'll bet that someone could do this with the stainless units...

graceandco likes this.
  17. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

Since he's still having a bit of trouble with the app, here you go. It's a nice dash, don't you think. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Attached Files:

• dash.jpg
      dash.jpg
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
  18. graceandco

graceandco

Thanks. I'm so covered up trying to catch up on orders I probably should have waited to start posting on here. I'll get with the program soon. Thanks for the help!!

T-roaster likes this.
  19. AHotRod

AHotRod

Beautiful Coupe !