Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Anyone using Explorer brakes on Ford 9" with ring spacers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fairlaniac, Jan 20, 2017.

1. fairlaniac

fairlaniac
    from Denver, PA

I just fabbed up a narrow 9" housing using Torino style 3.15 bearing ends. I also just received my new axles from Currie. They have the spacers rings installed to use the Explorer type disc brakes. They also installed the bearings with the outer seals. Everything is installed like the last page on this instruction sheet. https://static.speedwaymotors.com/pdf/Currie-Rear-Axle-Installation-Instructions.pdf These bearings are pretty wide. So much that when I have everything stacked up there is about .300" of the seal end sticking past the backing plate and between the retainer plate. I called Currie but I don't think the kid is getting the picture. Has anyone used these same bearings and another question. The bearing end have a groove .678 deep for the bearing to seat. Is my bearing end too shallow? Thanks!

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

pics.......??

3. fairlaniac

fairlaniac
    from Denver, PA