Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Kamloops to Vancouver Relay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fortunateson, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Any HAMBers travelling through Kamloops to the Vancouver area any time soon? I have a bead roller that needs a ride.

Thanks.

2. desotot

desotot

3. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

I just drove down last week! U scooping bead rollers from my town??

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

No comment.

5. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

It's all good, I already have a good one!

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

What brand do you have? Do you use it often enough to justify having one?

7. I have both a cheapy harbour freight style one that I started with and then upgraded to a Mittler Bros. powered roller. Do I use it enough to justify having one is a tough question. I don't use mine a lot but when I need it it's great to have and some of the projects I have done with it would have been way harder/impossible without one. I would say I am probably at about a break even point of what I paid for it and what it would have cost for someone else to do what I did with it which for me is good deal. Only thing I wish is that dies were more readily available in Canada as shipping them from the U.S. doesn't exactly do wonders for the wallet these days.

8. I'm heading to Vancouver from Calgary next Thursday/Friday (Jan 26-27) and will be coming through Kamloops. I would be happy to give it a lift if you need. Just drop me a pm.

9. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

I got a deal on a beefier one from princess auto. Think I paid $300 for it. Works great. I need it specifically for the build I am doing but I think there are lots of applications in the future too. I couldn't justify an expensive motorized version although they would be beauty though use but mine works just fine.

10. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'm getting the same one from HRM (Princess) Auto. Out of stock in Coquitlam so I have to raid Kamloops. LOL. Lots of threads on how to motorized them so I will be thinking about that.

11. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

It deflects a little with heavier gauge sheet so just watch out for that. We bought one of those tractor wheels there and welded up a hub to mount it instead of using the arm that comes with it. Makes it a lot easier to use. You would think that princess would be able to do store transfers in this day and age! Guessing they can afford it. It's funny I have some power fist cheapy air tools and they have worked great! Keep on ticking with no issues. I have bought some CP air tools for a lot more money that didn't last half as long! So what are you building?