Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Ag Hall....Allentown, Pa.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Jan 15, 2017.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

This coming weekend will be the first flea market in our area....Ag Hall, Allentown, Pa....Jan. 20-21-22....indoor and outdoor vendors....it is not the biggest, but it is the FIRST....get out of the house or garage....look for parts or just meet old friends.... and stop and say Hi....I will be an outdoor vendor, selling stainless trim and mics. parts and garage stuff....run by Carlisle Productions....

'52 F-3, mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. I may try to go on sat. Thanks for the heads up, I forgot it was coming up.:)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Thanks for the reminder Stan. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!!

'40ford likes this.
  4. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

thanks for info, is Fridays a good day?

5. oldolds

oldolds

Look up Automania At Carlisle productions You will get the hours. Yes Friday is a good day to go. Everybody has to be set up by the starting time of the show. Long range weather is above normal temps. 40*-50* daytime temps. Maybe some rain on Sat. 99% of the show is indoors.

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. man I was up that way a few years back......there was stuff still around......good folks up there treated this motor head from down south real well......good weather to youse guys !

7. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Stop inside and say Hello Stan, glad to see you are still kickin' and selling stainless. I am inside on the same spaces. still selling car movies and drag videos...looking forward to a good year

8. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

It's been a few years since we've been to Allentown. On the same weekend, the Bay Country region of the AACA used to have an excellent mid-winter swap meet in Cambridge, MD- on the eastern shore. But the region gave up their show to a private operator who has apparently abandoned the event after one year. So we're headed back to AutoMania. It's not Winter Carlisle, but we need a cold weather fix.

9. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Weather wise it looks good (for Eastern PA in January) mid/high 40's low 50's rain Saturday afternoon.
    As a vendor there for 10+ years I will give those a heads up for Saturday morning...be prepared to stand in line if you come early, it gets so packed inside with people last year the Fire Marshall cut the entry down to 25 people out then 25 more could go in. So to answer the "Is Friday a good day" as far as finds and the crowd goes Friday gates open at noon till 9 PM and Friday is the best buyers day if you ask me.

10. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey Bob,do you carry "Thunder Road?" I always wondered why there wasn't a sequel as you knew Mitchum's character bit the dust but it wasn't formally discussed? Good movie!
    Also,what is the name of the movie where the two roadsters race towards each other and end up at a ravine? Some funny fast-action filming,but the spin outs were cool? Thanks!

11. .....It's still on their schedule, they just moved the date to Sat. April 1, 2017. Maybe not a bad idea considering the weather potential at the old site in Cambridge. Last year they scheduled it in January but we had a blizzard that week-end and it got re-scheduled to early April. I guess that had some bearing on the decision to move it to April this year. I went last year, there was a decent turn-out, it rained steadily all day and the outside vendors (like in Cambridge) looked miserable.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  12. realsteel1934

realsteel1934
    from usa

I will be there as well with some great Banger speed parts & flat head stuff

13. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Friday started out cold....rain started around 1230pm....good opening crowd....I think the rain kept a lot of people away.......there is always a lot more outdoor vendors on Saturday....especially with nice weather for tomorrow....

Attached Files:

14. Hey Stan ya got me there standing in line. :)