Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Speedo cable: t5 to model A speedo??

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 0ldhippie, Jan 13, 2017.

1. 0ldhippie

0ldhippie

I have a S10 mechanical drive speedo transmission in my Model A and need to find a speedo cable that will hook it up to the stock '29 oval speedo. l can play with speedo gears later if need be but just want to get it hooked up. Thanks For any help!

2. HayesDesign&Restlying

HayesDesign&Restlying

Post pics. Of the s10 cable end and the outlet of the stock 29 speedo. I may have a easy solution for you but I need to see what your talking about to double check. I've done something simular before years ago. I just went ahead and used the s10 dash speedo and carefully cut it out into an oval. To put into (at the time a stock 59 f100 speedo bezel. ) it'll look out of place cause it'll be a black face speedo . Among white face gueges. But you could even use the guts of s10 speedo . Go to junk yard, find a white face cluster. And adapt. There's alot of options to think about. Jist My 2 bits.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. GearHeadDiver

GearHeadDiver

I'm in the same boat.... please let me know if you get an answer or find a solution.. either by post or pm...I'd appreciate it :)

4. 0ldhippie

0ldhippie

The A speedo has a rotating number dial I want to keep along with the rest of the stock dash.

5. 0ldhippie

0ldhippie

I'm told the s10 t5 has the same speedo cable connection as a th350??

6. A '40 Ford cable might do the trick for you.

7. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

A company called Texas Industrial Electric Can make up a cable with any combination of ends. Tel 210 654 4075.

8. 0ldhippie

0ldhippie

Aren't all torque tube speedo outputs the same??

9. 0ldhippie

0ldhippie

I'll give them a call Monday, thanks

10. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Your stock model A cable should connect to the S10 trans with no modifications... The Trans connections should be the same for both trans.. At least they were on several A's I did....

11. 0ldhippie

0ldhippie

Really?? Mine does seem close but threads seem to be off? Maybe they are messed up??

12. mkubacak

mkubacak

http://www.texasindustrialelectric.com/speedo.asp

Very helpful people and their Speedo correction boxes are great.

Tman likes this.
  13. Manager

Manager

Not sure of exactly how yours looks but I ground the inner to fit in and cut some slots in the outer threaded part and got it over the thread and hose clamped it on. Bit rough but it acctually looked O.K. and worked for years. Wasn't the same application as yours but might give you an idea.

14. wright

wright
    from illinois

I am in also interested in if you find a solution. I am wanting to hook up my stock 31 speedometer to a 904 Mopar transmission. Let us know if you find something that works.