Register now to get rid of these ads!

Czar in need of assistance in Austin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnet, Mar 30, 2006.

1. magnet

magnet

Hey Ya'll

So i was unable to make the pilgrimage to Roundup... stupid job.

But a bunch of Chicago area HAMB'ers went down.

Chrome Czar and HAMB'er Joe "Hellfish" had carb problems in Arkansas.. new Edelbrock 600.. fiddled with it and fiddled with it .. ran funny around here.. finally petered out halfway there.
    Luckily, fellow Chrome Czar and HAMB'er Steve "Wagon57" has his 57 wagoon on a trailer haulin it down there. They swapped his carb onto Hellfish's 59 chevy and it runs great now.. so they are almost there... aside from a flat tire on the trailer near Dallas, they should be in Austin tonight.

The question is....

Who near or in Austin Texas has a 4bbl carb Wagon 57 can run for the weekend?

Anyone? we/he would be greatly indebted ..

PM me if you do

Thanks

2. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

It seems like, when anybody needs help, noboby is responding. If I was in Texas, I'll get my ass on the road and help my fellow brothers of the road, but thats just me.

3. Outlaw and the CRUSHPROOF crew should be able to point you in the right direction.

Reverend Jake

4. Hey FNG, you need to stick around here a bit. These posts get serious help to a HAMBer down, just because there arent a lot of replys, doesnt mean it isnt being handled.

5. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Well make it happen

6. magnet

magnet

They got the tire handled.. i think.. wal mart has tires.. allegedly.. The carb isn't an "oh my god" .. its just a .."It would be great if i had one to drive".
    Its a shame to haul a car down there and not drive it.. and haul it back.

:)

7. junkmonger

junkmonger

Be cool, man. It's only been an hour. Not everyone is on here 24/7.

Here's a bump to the top so they can see it. (BTT)

8. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'll be in Austin around 1pm Friday..I have a spare carb...pm me i'll give cell #

9. magnet

magnet

:) Nahh i ain't worried.. someone will have something ... maybe tomorrow.

10. Denise has the HAMB Helper pages database if you really need it.
    Drop her a PM.

11. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

True-LUX and them are in the middle of an artshow/Concombre' Zombi&The Tombstones gig as I write this. They'll be in 2morrow morning-512-386-9889. As for no one getting to this sooner, people are busy as hell getting this town ready for the hotrod invasion-HAMB time is on hold:D

12. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Just got home and got an email from Ray Gun. Sent one back. Sounds like they are not stranded, but just need a carb to get around town. Right? They need a carb for the wagon that was towed down? And they are in Austin? Somebody can fix 'em up when I track them down later. I have a cell # to call tomorrow morning.

13. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Hey dork. Not sure if you're aware we're having a little car show this weekend. Let the computer for a couple of hours.

I'm sure you're in the desert by now, on the way to come help them. But if not, I think we got it covered. Thanks for your tremendous help with the situation.

14. crow

crow

I have 3 Edelbock 600s. He's welcome to try one. 512 203 0533. I'll be around Friday and at the show Saturday.

15. BTTT

And I'm glad you said that Trent, Because I was about to unload on that goof ball. Clueless newbie would make a good avatar title:rolleyes:

16. RacerRick

RacerRick

Those eddies are great but they are sensitive to a few things. Make sure that the float level is set correctly and the float needle and seat are not crudded up. Either of these will ruin your day in a hurry.

Also make sure that you do not have over 7-8 psi as its easy to lift the needle off its seat with pressure.

17. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

BTTT just in case you boys didn't fix it last night

18. jrb56

jrb56
    from Buda, TX

I know I am just a FNG, but I have a spare 750 holley sitting in my garage, just give me a call at work, and I can pick it up and deliver it anywhere tonight...or maybe even during lunch.

512-895-8334

Joe

19. Kansas

Kansas

Hey, help is help...doesn't matter if you are new, or been on the board for years.

Good to know there is help around the corner with the HAMB.

Again thanks...when they hit Austin, should be no problem finding a carb.

20. Kansas

Kansas

Problem solved for now...Jester is going to swing by Crows shop when they hit town.

Great job HAMB.

21. magnet

magnet

I love you gearhead fags :)

hehehe

Buzzard.. keep an eye on my Chicago boys down there... :) tell Reggie and Shaun i promise i will be down there soon... maybe drags.

22. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Just send the pants.

23. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

:) that's funny.

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

Thanks to everyone who offered help publicly and privately. The HAMB is a great place!

I stole Steve's carb and drove to TX and he borrowed a carb from Crow (and another as backup). He bolted it on the wagon and immediately proceeded to do not one, but TWO smoky burnouts in the hotel parking lot. :D I got some good help from Buzzard, too.

It worked great and it got us home!

25. crow

crow

Glad to know it worked out for ya'll and that ya made it home safe. The HAMB sure does rule.

26. magnet

magnet

u rock Crow