Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Pete Chapouris

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 9, 2017.

1. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Ryan , thanks for sharing that insight to your relationship with Pete . He was always a nice guy and a hot rodder to the core .

2. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

I never had the pleasure of meeting him but always admired his talent & work in several of his cars including of course the famous flamed California Kid. True hot rodder. He will TRULY be missed ! God Speed Sir !

3. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Like so many here, got to meet Mr. Chapouris at a So-Cal open house during GNRS. He welcomed us, asked if we wanted to see the back and away we went! Just a nice guy!
    RIP.

4. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I met Pete once years ago when SoCal here in Alberta brought him up. Real down to earth guy, easy to talk to. Took a genuine interest in what us bums up here were doing and that sold me on him.

Rest Easy, Pete.

5. Headed for Springfield, Mo to Americruise in '92 or '93 in my primered 49 ford coupe and we stopped at Pete & Jakes in Peculiar, Mo. for their open house. Jerry Slover had already bought the bidness from Pete and Jake and the California Kid went with the business. Pete was there and was cruising the "Kid" around the grounds with a huge smile on his face and shades on....looked just like a Bell cartoon!
    I was stuffing a samich into my face with one hand and had a soft drink in the other when I walked through the side door and started into the alley just as Pete came cruising down the same alley at about 30 MPH! My brother grabbed my shirt and pulled me back into the shop just in time.....that's as close as I ever came to meeting Pete and yet I'm gonna miss him.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

This might have been right after that close call of introduction, this is right when we left Ruskin-Pete & Jakes Grandveiw
    IMG_8936.JPG Ladies and Gentlemen, PC3 has left the business, I'm glad the he together with some talented craftsmen left a legacy of Hot Rod builds behind and he'd be the 1st to say that it took a great team to make it all happen.
    Thanx for making me feel like part of the team.

deucemac likes this.
  7. The Anarkist

The Anarkist
    from Canada

I saw the news on Hemmings. Real sad news. I'll have to watch The Cakifornia Kid and happy memories and the car that became the first one I WANTED!!