Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP Tony Farnetti Sr

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mj40's, Jan 11, 2017.

1. mj40's

mj40's

TF2.jpg With sad news from Idaho, Tony Farnett Sr. passed away this morning with his battle with passed from complications of Leukemia. He was a member of the CC and started the Death Traps in Idaho. He was well know all over the West Coast and his radical custom builds. You may have remembered him from Viva Las Vegas and Bonneville.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Ranchero59 likes this.
  2. mj40's

mj40's

Posted from friends in Australia: We have a large piece of Tonys Craftmanship here in Australia and the name Tony Farnetti will always be remembered by Petes Hot Rod Shop and Dave Brown. Again, we are sorry to hear the bad news.
    Tony built this 36 several years ago and was driven all over the West before he sold it. Another one of many of his creations. TF3.jpg

Ranchero59 and Stogy like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Sorry for the loss. I knew him a little. Sold him a 56 merc wagon. Cool dude

5. brady1929

brady1929

6. Sad news God speed.

7. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My condolences to the family and friends.

8. I am so sorry to hear the news. I first met Tony at the Red Rock Nationals in Moab, Utah back in '99. Such a warm guy, acted like he knew me for years. I even had the pleasure of him taking me for a cruise in his awesome '36 Ford (pictured above). The streets of Moab were packed with people but we strutted through it all throwing flames all the way. One of my greatest custom memories.
    I caught up with him again in Paso back in '03 and we picked up right where we left off. I didn't think he would remember me, but he did--even by name. Such a great guy!
    I also remember his wild Toyota powered (yep, you read that right) Studebaker pickup. He put it up for sale years ago, and try as I might I just couldn't get up enough cash to buy it. Wish I could have--it will always be one of my favorites. His chopped little Volvo was pretty cool too.

Tonys50stud.JPG

tony f\'s volvoa.jpg

tony f\'s volvo.jpg

My deepest condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed. Vaya con Dios, Tony, until we meet again..........E

Attached Files:

Ranchero59, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. mj40's

mj40's

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to the Farnetti family on the passing of their Tony.
    Quite an impressive art collection...will carry on his legacy...Rest in Peace Tony.

Regards,
    Stogy

lothiandon1940 and OG lil E like this.
  11. mj40's

mj40's

12. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

RIP Tony. Tony was the real deal and a great person. A true road warrior and a great builder. Prayers to the family.

OG lil E likes this.
  13. 61art

61art

This is one of the icon builders Idaho has produced. He was one of the most innovative technicians in the industry today. That 36 Ford with the Packard grille, I know Tony was one of the first to do that back in the 90's. He has mentored a long list of car builders and I thank him for that. He was not just a great car builder but he was also a great friend. Always gave out great advise, told great stories and just plain B/S with a guy. I'm gonna miss the Fridays in the summer at 6:00 p.m. meet at the Gem's In&Out Tony orchestrated. I was able to get a pic of my car parked next to his 39 ford, I haven't found the pic yet but I will post it.

Stogy and OG lil E like this.
  14. The man bled Kustoms and Hot Rods RIP

OG lil E likes this.
  15. pinman 39

pinman 39

Sad news .Tony was Tony before it was cool to be like Tony.
    Tony was a "Good Guy" you will be missed !

OG lil E likes this.
  16. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

He was real. A real friend, a real car builder, a real person. Tony will be missed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

OG lil E likes this.
  17. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

RIP Tony. #toast2yourlegacy

OG lil E likes this.