Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods OK to Fl transport help needed.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toqwik, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Toqwik

Toqwik

I found a 28 Ford coupster in Tulsa OK that I would like to buy but shipping is a killer. Is anyone from the HAMB world heading toward Florida that could pick this up and drop it off to me? I'm west of Jacksonville FL in north Florida and it could go in the back of a pickup. Thanks for looking at my post.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. xracer40

xracer40

I would try racinman here on the HAMB. He's based in S.C. I think his trailer is big enough that he can haul smaller loads along with cars that he is transporting.

3. You say shipping is killing you.

Why not go get it yourself with a trailer ?

I recently hauled this 32' 5W Coupe in my trailer - I don't think it would fit in a pick up truck bed .....

IMG_0465.JPG

If someone is traveling east on I-40, chances are they are already full by the time they hit Oklahoma.

If they are headed east to Florida from the west they are taking I-10.

Particularly in a bad winter like this one - cross ountry vehicle transport is along I-10.

Jim

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  4. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cheapest way to get it when your trying to save dough is to get a buddy with a pick up truck and rent a uhaul trailer. Then you only incur the cost of the rental, the food or beer or whatever you have to promise your buddy to help you, and fuel for the truck. Did exactly that when I traded my 47 coupe to a guy in Texas for a car he had. My neighbor and I jumped in my pickup with a rented uhaul trailer on Friday about 10:30 AM and we were in Dallas the next morning at about 10:30 AM. Swapped the vehicles out. Then rented 2 rooms to get some shut eye, a shower, and about 6 hours sleep, and were back home by Sunday afternoon at 2:30 PM.