Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods "Life Of Riley" hot rod.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56KUSTOM, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Anyone know what the episode was called with the hot rod in it?

2. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

3. Greezy

Greezy

I believe that to be the episode called "Juvenile Deliquent".

4. DrJ

DrJ

I liked the one when Riley built a boat in the livingroom.. His wife always wanted a picture window anyway!

5. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    "It's a revoltin development"

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  6. damn Ive been tryin to find it on dvd but no luck....loved that as a kid

7. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

8. fleetside66

fleetside66

I liked that series, but I think it was aimed at a grown up audience & a lot went by my feeble juvenile (delinquent?) mind. I don't remember the hot rod one..I'd love to see it. Sounds like they were cashing in on the "craze."

9. yeah your right,all those shows ended up with a hotrod show...even father knows best and Ozzie & Harriet.........FYI Life of Riley was a radio show BEFORE we all had tv

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

When Amos 'n Andy was on radio, Marx toy company came out with this wind-up Amos 'n Andy jalopy toy long before they were on TV. I watched Life of Riley when I was little...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Greezy

Greezy

The reason those shows all ended up with HOT ROD shows is that it was a great media to spread the word. Hot Rodders in the 50's were seen as hooligans and miscreants. The NHRA was doing their best to kill this view by the general public. As did most of the car clubs of the day. Thats how car shows started, to show the public these cars and owners werent the bad guys they were made out to be.

12. The Nostalgia Merchant Store on ebay has ones with 4 episodes as well the whole set.

13. It' on disc 7.

14. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

damm thats why i read alot on the hamb...you can always get skooled...cool ol stuff

15. blackout

blackout

One of my all time favorite Hot Rods and Hot Rod covers.

Attached Files:

16. buford36

buford36
    from Maine

The Ricky Nelson roadster from the Ozzie and Harriet show

Attached Files:

17. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

and Buds jalopy from Father Knows Best. Hot rod flamed more door.How cool!!!
    [​IMG]

18. showrod

showrod

I believe the hot rod used in that episode (not the car on the hot rod cover) was don Hudsons roadster. later to acheive more fame by Tom Mcmullen. now I have to go dig out my copy of Hot Rod Magazine.

19. Im on it.Thanks

20. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Is that like an early Mexican blanket I see in there?

21. Well I got my DVD today and it isn't the car from the cover but there are 3 roadsters in it and Wally Parks.Very cool episode.

22. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

When I told my son that I raced the Trans-Am Series in
    a Camaro, he said,
    "You must be wrong. Trans-Ams are Pontiacs".
    Sometimes ya just gotta sit back and see ya what can learn.
    When ya get older...more mature....ya don't get dumb. (much)

23. Wick Humble

Wick Humble
    from Chico, CA

Nope, it is an 'oriental rug, real quality' as Bud comments in one episode, just flung over the seat back. The A-bone is in about four episodes, including "Bud Gets A Car" where the family all tear into it, floorboards out, etc. and get it running. Bud uses the crank! I want to build a diorama showing that car and Clarence 'Lumpy' Rutherford's (Leave it to Beaver) really clean '40 ragtop* from "Wally's Practical Joke" episode where he and Eddie Haskell do the chain trick and jerk the rear end out (as if ) as a payback gag for Lumpy booby-trapping their engines. The '40 is said to be 'sickly purple' but I can't find out what colors are on the Model A tub. Bud later gets a fat-fender late-forties Ford, prob because the A was too much trouble to keep running for the crew. Eddie has a really ratty '41 Stovie, and Wally a realistically tired '53 ragtop. Also, they part out a great '36 five-window in one episode; not very realistic, tho.
    *If you want to hear the authentic flathead rap, it is accurately recorded on "Beaver" in several episodes; however what they do to that neat convert is a crime -- including hauling yard trash in it! Sacrilege!

24. Wick Humble

Wick Humble
    from Chico, CA

There was also a 'Real McCoys' episode where the local roadster club helps Grandpa (Walter Brennan) when his A breaks down. Of course he has to be convinced that they aren't J.D.'s I think Wally P. promoted that PR also. I haven't seen it since it was first aired, but I do remember them replacing his carb with "... a Stromberg 97!" I was about thirteen then, and since my dad didn't like TV, us boys had to infiltrate at the neighbors to see our shows. How things change -- bu then, now I don't like TV! Well, maybe b&w shows... !

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER