Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Any carpeople in or around Glendora California??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norrland, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Me and my friend Ludde is going to California from January 26:th to February 9:th. Will live in Glendora the first 3 nights. So we wonder if there is any carpeople there or any cool shops or other things in or around Glendora?

Thanx

Halle

2. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Stick around the weekend of Feb. 9th for the Winter Nationals about 7 miles away. The NHRA museum is on the same Pomona grounds. It's well worth the time.
    Check here for anything else you might want to see, depending on how far you want to drive...
    http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html

I assume you are going to the Grand National Roadster Show...

Mike
    P.S. At Arrow Hwy. and Grand Ave. "In and Out" (burgers), on Thursday nights is a gathering of cars. No telling the car count, sometimes it's pretty good, sometimes it's pretty light.
    The food is pretty good too.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. butch27

butch27

My aunt lives there but she is 91 years old and doesn't drive anymore. Nice town though.

4. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

5. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Not car related but food-wise breakfast at the Donut Man. and lunch pastrami dips at The Hat or Mexican food at El Merendero by the fairgrounds. I grew up down there and have to hit those places up Every time I visit.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Thanx Devin. Will check it up. Food is a very importen thing we plan to do 3-4 Times' a day

7. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

9. French dips at the Hat, Mmmmmmmmm!

10. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

If eating at The Hat, I recommend the pastrami burger. A regular burger with a pile of pastrami on top! oh man..... !

11. We might come back again during our vaccation if we think its a good place to be in. So all tips are welcome

12. abc123

abc123

13. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Don't forget the Onion Rings, the BEST!

Blues4U likes this.
  14. Good, but not the best. The best are at Twohey's on Huntington and Atlantic in San Gabriel!

Johnny Gee likes this.
  15. Our family has two midgets and a 1/4 midget in the lobby of the JB Museum. If you can possibly get Ed Jr. to show you around, it will be well worth your time.

Norrland likes this.
  16. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I'm not familiar with that place but next time I'm in the area, I'll check it out. I love Onion Rings.

17. Been there over 50 years. Used to be a really cool drive in. Sometime on the 90's they leveled the old place and rebuilt it as a coffee shop, bur kept the same great menu. Once you eat there, you'll know why I say the onion rings are the best! The milk shakes are awesome too.

jcmarz likes this.
  18. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Wow, onion rings? It is making me thinking of those places with onion rings that just aren't plain old rings. The only one recently that comes to mind is the Islands chain with their obnoxious huge plate of onion rings shaped like a blossoming flower. It took a while, but we demolished it with Ranch dressing and ketchup. There are 4-5 within close proximity to Glendora. The list goes on for great stops with great food at any time.
    Jnaki

19. butch27

butch27

The Donut Man ummmm. Peach donuts!!