Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model T Gow Job pictures, Lets see what you got!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by kidzintha34fodor, Jan 8, 2017.

1. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

I haven't posted in awhile! But its been a busy past few years! However, I have had enough time to throw this little jalopy together! Its a 25 T roadster body on a model A chassis. I recently picked up another body and was kind of looking for ideas. So if you guys would be so kind as to post some pics of what you have, that would be great!
    Thanks,
    upload_2017-1-8_19-8-38.jpg

Lil'Alb, oldsjoe, dwollam and 8 others like this.
  2. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but a picture I found in a second hand store a few years ago. And a picture of the back. Pretty proud of his car and his clothes.
    I kinda thought it might have been narrowed or maybe just the angle of the shot.

SANY0116.jpg SANY0117.jpg

Outback, Lil'Alb, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  3. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

That's awesome! That's exactly the kind of pics I'm looking for! Thanks!

camistheman likes this.
  4. rudestude

rudestude

Found this photo when going threw some family photos... Don't know who it belonged to.... I do know the old guy with the hat and mustache is my great-grandfather and the old house in the background up on the hill is the house that he built and lived and I now live in.... was built in 1905 photo was taking probably around 1920????[​IMG]

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Outback, Stogy, oldsjoe and 10 others like this.

5. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

Nice! Looks like one of those mail order speedster bodies? or maybe home made? regardless, way cool!

camistheman likes this.
  6. olskool34

olskool34

My '25 T racing at Pendine Sands with it's new owner. Miss that car a lot.

[​IMG]

Outback, Lil'Alb, Stogy and 10 others like this.
  7. That's a great Gow, olskool!

camistheman likes this.
  8. xix32

xix32

My grandfather Ira's Minn 1924
    [​IMG]My grandfather Ira in 1924.
    I am lucky my family has hung onto these photos. My grandfather died when I was six years old in 1956, so sadly I don't remember him . His buddy Elmer who was with him in this 1924 photo became his brother-in-law. He came to visit my dad in the early 1970's and talked to me about the trip they took together when this photo was taken. They both worked as Ford mechanics at Howe Brothers Ford in Chicago. They took a leave from their jobs to go work the wheat harvest in North Dakota, since it paid so well. They stopped at Backus, Minn. on the way to visit relatives where this photo was taken. Elmer told me there weren't any paved roads in the Dakotas in 1924, and most were not even marked. They would have to stop at intersections and ask people which way to go !
    I had a `27 "T" for a short time that I drove around a little, and I can't even imagine what it must have been like to drive that open hot rod from Chicago to North Dakota in 1924.
    But, notice how proud they look in that photo. To put it in perspective, just twenty years earlier they would have been riding horses.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Outback, Stogy, oldsjoe and 8 others like this.
  9. xix32

xix32

My grandfather Ira's "T" speedster with ( I believe) an Ames body. Photo taken at Jewel Kansas in 1925 with buddy Elmer Smith seated. They drove it there from Chicago.
    [​IMG]

Lil'Alb, Stogy, oldsjoe and 8 others like this.
  10. xix32

xix32

My grandfather Ira Elyea's "T" speedster on his honeymoon with grandma Lillian in Wisconsin 1927. Drove from Chicago,IL ( note, no windshield & rubber raincoat on grandma)
    [​IMG]

Lil'Alb, Stogy, oldsjoe and 8 others like this.

11. Radiator shell appears to be 1928-1929 Model A...

12. Squablow

Squablow

[​IMG]

Here's one with a shell similar to the one posted above with the "widow's peak" in the center. I believe it's an aftermarket "Peerless" brand replacement Model T shell.

Outback, Lil'Alb, Stogy and 12 others like this.
  13. Pete

Pete

Here's a little TV8 I slapped together a few years ago for TROG.

IMG_4909.PNG

Lil'Alb, Stogy, oldsjoe and 9 others like this.
  14. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

IMG_6309.PNG
    Here's my gow for more plow.....

Outback, Lil'Alb, Stogy and 8 others like this.
  15. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

I loved your build thread! I really like the way your car turned out!

camistheman likes this.
  16. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

Wow! So did you do a 21-stud? Did you do a build thread on this car? I was thinking about an LB for this next car

camistheman likes this.
  17. brg404

brg404
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

topchopTcoupe.jpg

picture from Mr Model T, I just did a quick photochop

Outback, Lil'Alb, Stogy and 8 others like this.
  18. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

I saw that on IG! Did you do the one with the touring body too?

camistheman likes this.
  19. Does it? I'm not any sort of expert on A's but it doesn't look like an A shell to me.
    Respectfully- Greg

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

camistheman and rudestude like this.
  20. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

What's interesting about this is I was just reading in the "Bucket of Ugly" thread about how using an A radiator grill on a T was not traditional, that it is a new practice started on rat rods, because A grill shells are cheaper than 32 grills. Haha! whooops!

camistheman likes this.
  21. rudestude

rudestude

First off I apologise to Kidzintha ,what you started was looking great,then it happened I am sorry but I can't just let it go..... I don't really see what difference it makes on the year of the radiator shell unless I was trying claim a fact that was untrue , I do know for a fact that the old man in the picture is my great-grandfather and the old house on the hill in the background he did build and I do live in the same house.....But I guess I did say something about being in the early 1920's thinking 1925 or earlier so after being called out on it I went back and looked at things again.... Because the model A claim did not fit the timeline of things.,.Well what found was that the pic that I had posted had falling out of the photo album ,when I found the group of photos from were it was missing written under the grouping was "taken 1922 " so I can't see how it could be model A shell ???? I included a model A pic and something else that I found.....Any way I am sorry for taking away from the original thread hopefully it will go on the way intended about go jobs not other B.S.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy, camistheman and kiwijeff like this.
  22. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

No apology needed! This is good conversation, that actually pertains to the post! So keep it coming!

Stogy likes this.
  23. alchemy

alchemy

Yeah, that's not an A shell. I've got a similar shell to the old pic that I always thought was a Maxwell, but there were quite a few shells of that era with the same shape. Probably no way to tell now exactly what it was, especially with the blurry pic.

Outback, Lil'Alb, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  24. There were a few companies that made an aftermarket shell like that for the T-

rudestude, if you look up Murray Fahnestack, he did some great books on early cars, including some excellent ones on Model T accessories and speed secrets!

Stogy, rudestude and camistheman like this.
  25. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

This is pretty slick,

camistheman and biggeorge like this.
  26. blackanblue

blackanblue

camistheman likes this.
  27. Kume

Kume

28. Blake 27

Blake 27

91870-1247515659-329c714580cd736c129e23f53ba4b07e.jpg I wish I had a better pic. This thing's cool!

29. FencePost

FencePost

Here is a picture of mine t2.jpg

Lil'Alb, Stogy, camistheman and 3 others like this.
  30. Fellow hamber 3Wjohn's T,he built it in 1963. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lil'Alb, Stogy, oldsjoe and 9 others like this.