Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Curious what all you hambers do for work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Sep 28, 2005.

1. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Skip Chaser , doesn't pay well , but you meet many interesting people !

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Right now! Building Racing Cars in China for their local market.
    When this contract finishes, I'll persue a new career as a "swimwear fashion critic" at our local beaches

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  3. car doctor

car doctor

Self-employed, own a Sunoco gas station with a 3 bay service garage. I'm almost 67 and would like to retire but can't afford to yet. My health is still good so I really don't mind working a while longer.

lothiandon1940 and s55mercury66 like this.
  4. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Greeting Card Salesman

5. marvbarrish

marvbarrish
    from SoCal

I delivery donuts. Really

kiwijeff, abe lugo, nali and 2 others like this.
  6. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I'm a concept artist for movies at Marvel Studios. I help design characters, costumes, and props.

rjones35, kiwijeff, nochop and 3 others like this.
  7. General contractor. Commercial and industrial.

8. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Platoon captain in the fire service. I run a crew of 26 guys and 7 pumpers , 2 aerials , 3 water tenders , 3 bush trucks , 2 rescues ( 1 heavy) , haz mat and a rope rescue rig. I get to be the guy that talks to the media when the shit hits the fan.

9. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Last 28 yrs. at a refinery working in operations. Hey Jethro does the guy still have the car bodies sitting up on earth mover tires, out on the edge of town? Looked like monster trucks. (69 camaro and can't remember the other) I flew into Kamloops 20 yrs. ago to catch a bus to Weigele's in Blue River to go helicopter snowboarding. Y'all sure live in some beautiful country.

10. vetteguy402

vetteguy402
    from omaha, ne

Electronic Technician Postal service Omaha, Nebraska. 11 years in. Too many more to go before retirement. Love my work, just hate dealing with cranial rectosis from above me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

12. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Black Stude,
    No the monsters are gone, that was a mud pit for mud bogs and mud drags.....good fun!
    Weigeles is a top notch operation. I've never done the helicopter skiing thing but people from all over the world go there like yourself.
    Yeah we live in some nice country but I'm just about done with winter though, wanna trade weather for December to March?
    Take care!

13. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Water Plant Operator. Almost impossible to be laid off.You would have to be the stupidist bastard in the world to get yourself fired from this great job.Other jobs were welder-fabricator,millwright.Three big plant closing including Niagara Machine and Tool Works,the Cadillac of fab equipment.The water has to flow 24-7, and I dont see the Niagara River drying up any time soon.
    I only do the fab like stuff for myself now.Had to get a steady gig. Retire in about 11 years with a state pension.

stealthcruiser likes this.
  14. Raymond Holton

Raymond Holton

15. mike bowling

mike bowling

DSCN1623.JPG

kiwijeff, j-jock, RDE and 2 others like this.
  16. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I,ve worn out a lot of turd polishers over the years. I,ll have to give the glitter a shot!

Montana1 likes this.
  17. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Glitter is for Tranny's and Preschoolers. That's Metal Flake, Damn-It!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    kiwijeff, DBruce and mike bowling like this.
  18. I'm a service manager at a John Deere construction equipment dealership.
    And yes not to many phone calls from people saying they are having a nice day !!

19. fordfeller

fordfeller

Started out in the automotive field bending wrenches, worked up to service manager, went back to school and became a CPA, then moved in the business world, ended up managing the benefit services (health insurances, pension plans and savings plans for Lockheed Martin

Larry

20. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

On the topic of work, i'm not sure if it's appropriate to post here, but for you So. Calians, Edlebrock needs Tech Support Agents; If you like talking about cars, why not get paid for it?

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/misc/careers/

As well as other openings..........

clunker likes this.
  21. Started off as aircraft maintenance engineer, (electrical and instrument), but for the past 25 years I am in sustainable energy research. My motto- "Trying to save gas for future generations of hot rodders". Don't worry, I don't drive a Prius.

22. Was retired when I first contributed to this post - now back as the Chief Executive of North Wales Community Health Council - no, I don't know what that is either.....

1959Nomad likes this.
  23. southcross2631

southcross2631

Worked my whole career as a mechanic , fabricator. Ran the shop at the federal cop school in Ga. for
    19 yrs. Now I build other peoples dreams; aka fix up rusty cars. It helps pay for my bad habits.

DBruce likes this.
  24. worked 50 yrs. as IBEW electrician,now an exotic male dancer at the old age homes,make the rounds at most of the Kiwanis villages.I find that most of there residents have the worst eye sight.

trollst, OahuEli and DBruce like this.
  25. I've been working as a service porter for a Lexus dealership here in Washington State for 15yrs now,cleaning both cars and floors. Granted it can be difficult but i enjoy it.

DBruce likes this.
  26. Always been a do-it yourselfer... If you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself has been my motto. Kind of cynical, but it works for me. That takes up most of my time. :cool:

Really, I'm a motivational speaker, specializing in motivating people to be self motivated to come up in life, like moving from hell to heaven. o_O:)

DBruce likes this.
  27. 66chevelles

66chevelles

I'm a power sports technician for Honda,Yamaha, Indian, always worked on stuff since I was a kid. Working on these old cars makes me appreciate how far we've come with the new stuff.

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

clunker and DBruce like this.
  28. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I teach digital basket weaving.

Montana1 and Speedwrench like this.
  29. On line I'm sure!

OahuEli, lothiandon1940 and Montana1 like this.
  30. trvguy

trvguy

I was a heavy equipment mechanic. I still fiddle with hot rods , but I'm getting to think it's like a mailman taking a walk on his day off.