Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Hey I'm starting to think this might work

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rottenleonard, Jan 8, 2017.

1. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Last August there was a unrestored but pretty solid 49 ford at a local swap meet. The owner was asking way too much for a sedan and i really didn't need another project. I looked at it several times over the weekend and it was very rust free all be it ugly as a last minute prom date. The next week the swap meet was all cleaned out but the car was still sitting there so i called her with an offer i was sort of hoping she would refuse....but she wasn't into cars and was tired of dealing with this one so a deal was made and i picked it up

20160827_162834.jpg 20160827_162826.jpg

I drove it over to the shop and parked it with no real plan, along comes 3rd quarter taxes and i can see the car from my office window and the distraction of ideas started growing. The car didn't have a lot of value as is so I didn't feel too bad about trying something wild with it.

More later...

Greenblade likes this.
  2. Would be a fun car to build, looks to be in great shape, so much you could do with it, good luck, watching!

3. I had a prom date in the back seat of one of those:rolleyes:

4. williebill

williebill

Can't wait to see what you did...........

5. Flattie V8? Six? OD? More, more, more! Sounds like you've taken on just the right project and relieved someone of a burden. All big pluses.

6. teejay99

teejay99

Looks pretty decent , hope floors don't offer any surprises once you start poking around . Please don't put a sbc in it :)

powrshftr likes this.
  7. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

What's the deal on the 4 door Fleetline ?