Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs replacement seat for a 36 Ford coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johndee138, Jan 6, 2017.

1. johndee138

johndee138
    from Atlanta GA

I want a more comfortable seat for my 36 Ford coupe. Prefer a split back. Would like to keep the general appearance of the stock unit and definitely don't want a modern contoured bucket style. anyone used junkyard seats that are affordable and fit? Plenty Of high dollar aftermarket options but thought I would see what the HAMBers might have to say

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

My re-upholstered 37 seat is the most comfy split back seat I have ever sat in.
    I'd stick to Ford design.

TagMan likes this.
  3. johndee138

johndee138
    from Atlanta GA

4. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I dont have an answer for you but I would take a tape measure to your local pull a part and start hunting. When I built my 32 sedan I went to our local import salvage yard and found a set of seats from a Toyota Echo. I liked the shape and the measurement were spot on. Dont worry to much about the contour the trim guy can cut or add foam to get the look and feel you want.

5. I used a S-10 split back bench in a '36 Roadster that I built in the late 90's. A lot more comfortable than you would think. Had to cut and pull the curved area on the front of the cushion in, but it was easy to do. Other than that it fit perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Try the '40 tudor front seat.I put one in a 35 tudor(which had the orig buckets) a few yrs back and it worked great.What Petejoe said might work also.

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

No mine is a coupe

8. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

F3DB92B2-D97A-44D4-B4C6-25146877A404.jpeg Find the original bucket 35 /36 frames and we can help make them mo comfy.

RICH B likes this.
  9. ems customer service

ems customer service

seats from pontiac grand ams fronm the late 80s or early 90's damm near a perfect bolt in

10. cbillelder

cbillelder

Check out the middle seat from an early 90's Dodge Caravan or Plymouth Voyager. They should be
    about the right width for your coupe and, if I recall, some of them had a split back. I used one of them in my '32 cabriolet and it was a perfect fit.