Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects this is were i am at on my 31

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by trotter, Dec 29, 2016.

1. nice build there.......and you could sell it to those that want to change it.....or just drive the heck out of it !

chiro likes this.
  2. chiro

chiro

Well, that question opens a can of worms and it's really hard to get those worms back into that can once they get out. There's lots of opinions. What I was TRYING to say was that you did really good on your build and I like the car despite that some of the traditional "period correct" purists on this forum might not.

You built it the way you like it and should be damn proud of the fact that you did it yourself. Bottom line is you only have to please yourself. I'd be willing to bet that you have one serious shit eating grin on your face every time you drive it. What's better than that? Haha.

Andy

clunker and Kan Kustom like this.
  3. trotter

trotter

I agree andy that would up a big can of worms.
    I see you are in long island ny. I was born in Port Jefferson on the north shore. we moved to tn when I was 10 so dad can go work for TVA. my uncial raced modifies at riverhead and Islip race ways back in the 70s he had a 36 chevy coup he ran. I miss those days witching the midgets and figure 8 races and the fire work show they did on the 4th. we used to go to the fire truck drag races to were the fire truck would run down the track then lock it up two fire man would jump off then the truck would take off down the track. there were a lot of diff. event that they would do and they were timed. fasts time won. now that was cool. thanks andy and have a good day.

chiro likes this.
  4. First time build? Wow! I'm delighted you took a different path with the 318/727 combo, which is bulletproof. And I so appreciate you kept the Model A dash and stuffed three gauges into it, maintaining a traditional look. You're a true hotrodder.

5. chiro

chiro

Hah!!! I been to both those circle tracks many times. Islip is closed now but Riverhead still runs. Figure 8's are great. School bus demolition derby is the best. Haha. My uncle used to race those back in the day and then his son (my cousin) raced there very successfully in open wheel modified. Mike Ewanitsko. Ask your uncle if he knows Lou and Mike Ewanitsko #36 open wheel modified. Small world.

Andy

6. trotter

trotter

my who has past way uncle Ronnie Brandon. his car was yellow number 21 the only one I can is Charlie jazombac I don't now how to spell his last name I think he was the one that welded beer cans on top of his car. I remember a wreck on the back stretch were a driver hit the wall so hard it filled the cockpit full of cinder blocks and I remember the purple bumble bee car I think a lady was driving it and it took out the flag stand. its hard to remember its been a long time ago and I was a kid. I know he race with some that went on to race nascar.

7. 55chevr

55chevr

Charlie Jarzombek was legendary short track racer from Long Island. He died in a crash racing Modifieds in Martinsville. Riverhead is still active. Islip is long gone same as Freeport.

Joe

8. 30-S6

30-S6

You're a brave man to ask the public to give you their 2 cents on something you built and are proud of.
    Sure there may be things that may not look like "mainstream".... Any vehicle I have. I end up changing it so I like it... If others don't like it.... Tough sh!t
    You built it so be proud of it.

9. verde742

verde742

Here's my .02 cents worth: you've got those wheels and tires, spend $80.00 and put on some "moon' discs, drill and tap to install, use 'button head" allen wrench screws. Done it several times, those wheel edged are thick and they will take drilling and tapping, then sell, or throw away the scoop, somebody somewhere wants that grille shell, but not your car, put a shortened '32 Ford grille shell on it, there is a reason guys use 'em. They are good lookin. don't let grille shell be level OR higher than top of cowl.
    make IT LOWER, and put a top half of hood. And take a #1000 skuff pad to that wonderful sign on door, and paint the black vertical line above door black..
    Cap off headers and go under car and back w/small muffler from hidden collector side. IF your using stock gas tank for extra fuel,,, mount those two gauges ( on the scoop ) on the pass kick panel, visible from driving position.

after you do this take two aspirins and repost your pictures for further criticism.

over all you should be very PROUD, at my age, I have certainly seen some misses, this is pretty much on track !!! :oops: we watchin' you !!!!

You have ta ask the " Big Boys" why are the headers are so blue? Timing or too rich or too lean? I personally would Paint them Hi-Heat Flat Black,

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  10. 30-S6

30-S6

I had another look at the interior pictures and noticed that you have reversed willwood brake masters...
    I hope they work well, because I too have the same setup but my "first build" isn't finished yet.
    One thing that I did see that you may want to change is the brown door panel with the blue fasteners.

11. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

DUDE, you are either new around here or have BIG BALLS asking for opinions!...this can be a tough crowd...I THINK your car looks like fun, also agree with most others opinions on wheel, grill, door art etc. but if it makes you smile that's a beautiful thing!

12. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like someone said
    a - Ballsy to ask for opinions in this shack!
    b - Drive it like you stole it!

1, wheels and tires - Agree! Have to Go..........When can...
    2, air cleaner scoop and plug wires - Scoop - Not a big fan but...
    3, ankle burning side pipes - Hey it's a HOT ROD! Burn 'Em..it's your ankles!
    4, NAH!
    - And Last - Well Done Sir!... back to "b"

13. cfmvw

cfmvw

Great job for a first build! Drive it, enjoy it, and let it evolve. Like any other hotrod, you will redo or change things as your funds allow, you gain new skillsets, and you score new parts.

14. boutlaw

boutlaw

Your car, your way, excellent job, lotta nice work there.......Drive that sucker

15. Lake Modified

Lake Modified

I agree 100%....... I like it just the way it is...... I even like the things others are saying to change....

SM

16. ydopen

ydopen

Your hard work has paid off and you have something to drive and enjoy. Have fun.

John

17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

It aint easy bein cheesy:D...;), I love it! because its somethin different and real! I, like the other guys agree that the wheels and tires,blower, electric radiator fan etc may not be something that I would have done either, but I like it just because you did, We dont all have to be conformist but I guess in respect to this forum, we need to keep within the traditional pre 65 guidelines here. Rock on man, You got it!:cool:

18. DukeCity41

DukeCity41

Damn-that's bad

19. trotter

trotter

thanks to all.
    on the master cyl. they work real good and pluming and mounting them that way was not to bad. on the cardboard I like it its diff.. :)

20. grdra1

grdra1

Love everthing about it, looks like a sixtys show car or something from a Elvis movie, way cool. Dare to be different. Only change what you want or else you will end up with someone else's ride. Glen

21. grdra1

grdra1

I mean everything