Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

Awsome Car ! Reminds me of my first car which was a 1936 5W coupe which I should have never let it go. The 3 Window is even obviously a rarer model. Mercuryguy

2. Good eye Sporty45!
    Restorations aren't cheap.
    Maybe they are subsidizing a build.

Sporty45 likes this.
  3. My friend Gary Key in Alexandria AL built a '27 T roadster pickup from the front half of a '27 touring car body that he pulled out of a ravine that was almost as rough as the body in that picture.

4. 2manycars2littletime

2manycars2littletime
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is behind a local parts store.
    As I understand it, the property owner parked this American LaFrance many years ago and hasn't moved it since.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. That is a crying shame- would LOVE to have an AF like that!!!

6. Rogga

Rogga

There is a chopped and cutomized MB likes this in my town, built in the 80's.

7. :( .... dang' it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  8. Drylake

Drylake

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]spent some of my break scrounging! Spotted a few neat things!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. gonmad

gonmad

That bus is awesome!! Not the ford, but the other one, whatever it is!

Racer29 likes this.
  10. Drylake

Drylake

There are two i spotted the same or very similar buses. A couple of hundred kilometers apart. I don't know what they are but they have alot of stainless and all the roof panels are alloy! Polish up like an airstream!

[​IMG]

11. Those aluminium busses are exactly what transport restoration groups would like to get there hands on.
    Usually a group of retired bus drivers or a rental company with wedding cars.
    Wonder if the destination name plates above the windscreen are still there.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  12. Boy what a GREAT thread!!!!!Good thing I haven't hit the lottery yet or my compound up here on the mountain top in East T.N. would be covered up with some of the more solid ones. LOL. Bruce.

czuch likes this.
  13. We had a little snow the past few days, more than ever actually. These technically are just "waiting", not rotting. If they were rotting that would make me a hoarder.

55 Chevy.jpg 62 Suburban.jpg Dads truck.jpg Pasture.jpg

14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Bottom right of pic there is a rear axle with Alum brake drums, any one know what its out of?[​IMG]

15. Slopok

Slopok

Only 4 lugs? Look like it matches those solid wheels that are other axle as well.

16. t-rod

t-rod

I've got a soft spot for '40 Dodges. I saw a lot of the western US from the back seat of Dad's '40 sedan. 1483765376131.jpg

Sent from my SM-G386T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. It appears to have after market wheels. JW

18. I'm really hoping that the weatherman is wrong as we could get another 8-12" of snow in the next 36 hours and the roof on that metal shed where all the "good stuff" is parked isn't engineered for that kind of weight.

19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Lotsa cool stuff in your post, I can tell they arent from around here, I like the ribs in this truck cab top;)

nightmoves likes this.
  20. Bashnscratch

Bashnscratch

That must be a Holden bodied 37 I have a 37 out back never seen the ribbed roof before.. Sad to see what happened to the Ute as well..

Ron Funkhouser and low budget like this.
  21. Drylake

Drylake

I spotted 4 chev cabs with the ribbed roof on my travels. I think the roof is one of the best features of those cabs![​IMG]

22. Found out what the bus is. DRY LAKES.jpg ozhurst2.jpg ozbedfordB.jpg bluebus4.jpg

DOCWHIT, 54reno, chriseakin and 5 others like this.
  23. So how do you get one of these home without losing everything along the way ? :eek: Those bus restorers are just as fanatical :cool: as the steamtrain restorers . coogee4.jpg ty3673a.jpg

24. nightmoves

nightmoves

The green/white bus...the front fenders look like flared rear fenders, installed backwards.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Nightmoves, That the name of your 60 chevy?:cool:

nightmoves likes this.
  26. Drylake

Drylake

I've found some pretty profitable gear in rubbish piles by the road on council land and down the bush dumped, 1937 bsa motorcycle frame, 26 t ford cowel, ampol sign, lots of parts and panels! It really is amazing what you can find when you really look![​IMG] sign sold for $285!

27. Good job Drylake, In the 1950,s & 1960,s it was common practice in Australia to dump old cars in the bush. As a kid a few mates and i had our own little hoard of dumped vintage cars to play in. Snakes and RedBacks joined in too :eek: .Here,s some on topic AMPOL info for those that have never heard of AMPOL. GrahamWithers1968AMPOLGTadd..jpg GrahamWithers1968AMPOLGTadd.jpg

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  28. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What about the Hit-n-miss engine [​IMG]