Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2017 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 6, 2016.

1. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

M

2. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Make sure you have a 5.57 Gear or so to get the R's Up.... My 5.38 in the Gasser with the Short Stroke 292 ain't enough. DEW

3. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice, Than might liven up that 301. I am only running 0.525" solid lift on the 292.

loudbang likes this.
  4. powrshftr

powrshftr

Are those lifters N.O.S. Chilled Iron lifters?Those are rare as hen's teeth!
    I can't wait to see that car run this year!One of the prettiest 55's ever....Now it's gonna run like mad too!:)

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Torkwrench and saltflats like this.
  5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

So that's it Scott.....You didn't red light did you?

loudbang, powrshftr and Deuced Up! like this.
  6. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Yes they are. A HAMB member saw my want ad on here for a 550 Super Le Gerra, and forwarded a Craigslist ad for the cam and lifters. Ed Iskenderian autographed the box, when he was at The Meltdown a couple of years ago. A heck of a nice guy. Of course, everyone on here already knows that.

7. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

By the way, I stopped at a restoration shop that a friend of mine works at. They are doing the paint and body work on an original 1960's Fiberglass Trends Corvair body. It will be going on a Logghe chassis to replicate Doug Thorley's Corvair funny car. Today, they were lengthening the nose to match the original body, along with doing other body work on it.

Corvair Funny Car A.jpg Corvair Funny Car..jpg

8. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Eat your heart out Nader!:p

Torkwrench likes this.
  9. powrshftr

powrshftr

No James,
    The whole family is sick up here right now,so i didn't get to register til about 8:00-9:00 the next morning.
    Sleep is valuable stuff with a baby in the house who gets up 4-5 times a night....lol

Scott

saltflats and Gammz like this.
  10. powrshftr

powrshftr

I've got an old issue of SSDI where there's a best 2-out of 3 match race between the Thorley Corvair and Nicholson's Comet.
    Man,that car is going to be cool.Could those guys ever put on a show!
    Think there's any chance they will have the car ready by July,and be able to drag it out to the Meltdown?

Scott

Torkwrench likes this.
  11. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Sleep is valuable no matter what's in your house.
    Get well soon!!!

powrshftr, Deuced Up! and saltflats like this.
  12. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

It sounded like there is an April deadline for having the body done. The body shop guys didn't have much info on the chassis, or where it is. They didn't know if the chassis was being built? Or already done? Or even what engine was being used? Did not mention who owns the car, either.

Only the glass body was at the body shop. They did mention that it's been very tough to find lace with the correct pattern, in order to have the correct lace paint job.

powrshftr likes this.
  13. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

So Deucedup did you jump on the Scott bandwagon with a avatar change lol

loudbang likes this.
  14. the chassis for that car is a real deal loghe stage two. its sitting at chassis service in Waukegan, il. the mounts for a blown big block chevy were made last week. its a very cool car. a second one to match is also being built. it will differ in that the second one will be carbon fiber and the chassis will be built to modern funny car specs. it will be hemi powered. both cars will be on nitro.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Torkwrench and loudbang like this.
  15. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh I have never been off the Shaker Wagon (except for a few minutes last summer when it made a crazy fast stop and tossed everyone). :eek::p;) Actually a Ronda tribute car is sort of a bucket list build for me. You know I own the GasRonda.com domain just waiting for it....:D

dearjose, loudbang and Gammz like this.
  16. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Check out bangshift.com. They have a 50 min video of the ahra finals from 1967. Down in Texas. Super good stuff. I'll look for the link and post it.

loudbang likes this.
  17. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

18. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

For those who aren't on Facebook...

ATTENTION: If you pre-registered for the Meltdown Drags PLEASE READ THIS!!!!

Thank you to everyone who has sent in their pre-registration e-mails.
    To clarify, here is how the process works:

1) You will receive an auto-response letting you know that your e-mail was received.
    2) Over the next few weeks we review each and every pre-registration e-mail (in order of receipt) to make sure all cars meet criteria.
    3) Upon meeting the criteria you will receive an e-mail with your ENTRY NUMBER, KEEP THIS EMAIL WITH YOUR NUMBER, along with other details. You NEED your entry number to gain access to the track.
    4) If your car does not meet the criteria you will receive an e-mail explaining why. If the reason is fixable (i.e. wrong wheels) you will be given the chance to make the changes and still participate.
    5) Once we reach capacity, we will create a waiting list. We know that life happens and some people will need to drop out.

We review each and every entry and it takes easily over 100 hours to complete this process. We do this to ensure the integrity of the event that we all care about so much.

We will periodically post what entry number we are at. Please be patient, each year this gets harder to do, we will get to your entry and send you a response!!

Thank you.

19. Deadbird

Deadbird

wet c10.jpg
    Need to tweak a few small things before summer, but I plan to drive my C10 to Byron.

20. 62Furious

62Furious

Got my registration in.
    Time to rebuild for Meltdown 2017, making a few small changes for this year.
    Hope to have better year!

21. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    loudbang and Gammz like this.
  22. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

In case you're not on facebook, this was posted on the Meltdown page 2 hours ago...

LAST CALL FOR PRE-REGISTRATIONS!!!!

We are less than 48 hours into pre-registration and we are at 453 pre-registrations received. All we can say is WOW!

We are going through each e-mail right now and while we know some vehicles won't make the criteria, it certainly looks like we will be closing registration as of this weekend and starting a waiting list.

Thank you all for your support! This event is what you all make it and we think you make it awesome!

Stay tuned for the 5 folks with the best reaction time tomorrow!

23. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Low ET........... Class Winner maybe
    Intake Bolted Down, using the Hampton Weiand Intake, and save the Mooneyham for the 327. I now need a harness for the MSD Distributer and should make smoke.

24. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

***2017 MELTDOWN DRAGS REGISTRATION IS FULL***

We have reached our car count limit for the 2017 Meltdown Drags and will be starting a waiting list. WOW - who would have thought that 500 spots would hae filled up in 3 days!

We know that things happen in people's lives and it causes them to have to change their plans. Sometime's even motors get tired or rear end housings come loose....stuff happens.

thats-all-folks-1680x1050.jpg The waiting list is established in the order received. Last year we had a waiting list and over 30 cars moved in to take spots.

For those who have sent in their pre-registration...we are working through them and your entry numbers will be sent out in the coming weeks.

Thank you again for your support!

55belairx2, racer-x, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  25. powrshftr

powrshftr

Panneton Bros. Racing likes this.
  26. powrshftr

powrshftr

[​IMG]

Yes Jeff,I'm sure everyone noticed your little burn about smashing my housing to smithereens....

27. powrshftr

powrshftr

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

29. powrshftr

powrshftr

30. powrshftr

powrshftr