Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 64 vette headlite doors REPAIRED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ralphies54, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

For those of you interested, thanks to the 15 HAMBERs who replied to my request for help, we traced it to half the switch working and half not. As vette suppliers wanted a C note for a new sw. I decided I'd take a shot at fixing it. After some difficulty getting it apart as there is no extra wire and I'm working right up against the dash it came apart in 3 pieces, the middle piece has contacts like those found inside a voltage regulator, it was just a matter of using a small points file and filing away the arcing and corrosion. reassembled, tested, works like a charm. Saved my Pal a bundle he owes me at least a 6 pac. The power of the Hamb. Ralphie

2. Thanks for the follow up. Solutions are appreciated.

1927graham and Ralphies54 like this.
  3. :) Awesome !!!

But You'd figure a guy with a vintage vette can afford at least a bottle of good tequila or whiskey

loudbang, LOU WELLS and Ralphies54 like this.
  4. Another headlight fix for these if they quit is to check the internal motor gears. They wear for 180 degrees the most they move. Rotating them 180 to the good teeth gets things working again. Worked on my 67 many moons ago.

loudbang likes this.

5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some of us bought ours back when they were just "Used Cars", so don't paint Corvette owners with such a broad brush. Back when small blocks brought more than big blocks. Those were the days.

To the OP : Congratulations; it's good to see someone actually fix something rather than just replacing parts. Especially on one of these cars; "31Vicky" isn't completely off base.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    loudbang and Ralphies54 like this.
  6. I
    I refuse to say what I paid for my 67 435 hp roadster in 1972 but I sold it at Bloomington in 1975 with both tops and factory non knock off wheels for $4500 and though I was doing good. 67 coupes were worth more in those days because they made fewer of them.

Hadn't wanted another Vette since I sold my last one, a 1972 big block roadster, in 1983. Then I saw the C7 version. Now have a 2015 in my garage depreciating rapidly.