Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects EUREKA ~ I FOUND THAT MISSING HEATER!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 31, 2016.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HRP, am I sensing a resistance to drilling the firewall? What's in the car for floors, and how far up does the toeboard go? I ask becaue you could hardline the water tubes and drop em through the floor. Once through the floor you could go hose from there or bulkhead connectors and hardline to where hoses would be easier to get to and service. They don't have to drop straight down, you could work them off to the right side and maybe even sneak em through the cowl/kick panel area. Just a suggestion. I know how it feels, boring holes in a clean firewall.

31Vicky with a hemi and loudbang like this.
  2. I follow you and that's the main reason no holes have been drilled,I'm just processing my option,I appreciate your ideas, HRP

loudbang likes this.
  3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I had the same trouble trying to find the original hub caps for my 55 sunliner,looked in the exact spot I thought I put them 10 years ago but stuff got put over them.

loudbang and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. You know that today, but tomorrow will come and all bets will be off, as to where the car is parked.:(

5. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a serious "thing" about shit getting moved around in a shop environment. I can see a box of parts, fasteners, materials or product in the same spot for months on end, then when I go to get it's fuckin gone! In many cases I get, "...so we were cleaning up and put everything over..." and that's it, I'm over the edge. The guy I used to manage a shop for would move shit around out of boredom then have no recall of what he did with it. We all ended up as spys, keeping a watchful eye out so we could save hours looking for shit. He'd throw parts away on long term restorations because they hadn't been used in over a year, on a 2 year job!!

6. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Not me. I usually keep looking after I find things, just so I don't have to say this :)

7. 58custom

58custom

A question about that heater. Does it have an outlet on the bottom or are the two outlets I can see the only ones?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. i keep all the parts to the jobs i am doing together, so i know where everything is. i recently did some work on a red '70 chevelle for a guy. i picked up the parts, some from his basement, some from the garage, some in the detached garage, some here some there some in the loft. he even had parts at his work. i call him to say i need the hood hinges. he says: "you have them". i don't but i will look again. i put everything on and under a pool table in my hay mow. i look again, not there. i call him, he says they must be there because he looked everywhere and "they are not here". i look through the whole barn, including my parts room and on the shelf that i keep hinges. lo and behold at the bottom of the pile two hinges wired together, marked '70 chevelle and with red overspray on it. i have no idea how they got there and had not moved anything on that shelf in years. i call him and tell him i have them but can not explain how they put themselves away under all the other hinges on another floor and other side of the shop. two hours later he calls me and says he found his hinges in his sand blast cabinet........... i don't remember getting the hinges that were on my shelf but what are the odds?

9. So looks like we're all in agreement - just damned happy that you remembered losing it.

10. There is two heaters available,one with defrost and one without,mine does have the defrost kit. HRP

11. Danny, instead of doing all that cutting and drilling have you ever considered the heated seat pads? they can be installed under most upholstery. nothing shows if you hide the buttons. i would bet it is all you need in south carolina. i use them in my car and have been comfortable in weather in the 30's..

loudbang likes this.
  12. You mean I would have to remove my fancy custom fit Tijuana blanket,heavens no! :D HRP

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  13. wicarnut

wicarnut

The one thing I missplaced that I Miss, is my Mind, some days I can find it, other days, not so much.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Lots of '50s cars had under seat heaters with a little fan box.

image.jpeg
    Some had 1 and some had 2
    Some square some round. Pretty neat.
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

loudbang likes this.
  15. 5window

5window

Ah, the Beater Heater!

falcongeorge likes this.
  16. 58custom

58custom

Thanks, but that did not answer my question. Does the heater have an outlet on the bottom?

17. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Don't you just hate neatness freaks?

18. The 2 outlets are for the defroster,the heater only unit doesn't have these,the heater does have a open bottom for the heat.

See figure #1 ~ HRP

s-l1600.jpg

58custom and loudbang like this.
  19. Yep hard lines down thru the toe board

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

When I had a knee replaced and was off for 3 months, the new manager decided to clean out the parts storage area. He had them throw out some hydraulic cylinders that had a date of 3 years earlier. When one failed on a machine, I went to get the spare and it was gone. We had to shut the machine down for a week while it was repaired. Upper management wanted to know why we didn't have a spare and the facility manager tried to blame somebody else but it didn't work.

HOTRODPRIMER and loudbang like this.
  21. 58custom

58custom

Thanks!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Do you guys know the difference between tidy and organized? Let me tell you how I found out :confused:

There's 47 pieces each of 47 different misc non related items- 2209 total of various sizes and there's 47 boxes of various sizes. Got that picture?

Organized is when each box gets 47 of the same item and clearly marked. They are put away according to their relationship and the boxes are kinda jumbled because of the sizes not all corresponding.

Tidy is when each box gets filled to the top and the non used empty boxes get put way along side . The boxes are arranged neatly by size. Nothing is marked incase you want to reuse the boxes. They look very professionally stowed.

Tidy doesn't function as well as organized. What a cluster fuck. You need every workbench to find what you need- oh wait that's the other thread

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife is tidy. I am organized.

When she puts something away, I usually have to buy another one, because the original cannot be found.

HOTRODPRIMER and loudbang like this.
  24. desotot

desotot

When customers hang around the shop and put stuff away for me to show me how neat my shop can be and then put things in the wrong place , they are just hiding my things from me and that really slows me down. This can be really annoying .:confused:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.