Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '32 Story Part II ('48 to '60 w/pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3dnsouth, May 28, 2008.

1. flamingokid

flamingokid

This is one of the best threads I've ever read.Period.

Tudor likes this.
  2. 2008? Check old Tim out - NOW He's a Sock Fucker

3. catdad49

catdad49

Grrreat!! Everytime I look through my old mags, I wonder where they(the cars) are now. How many more of these stories are waiting to be told/discovered? I looked a Model A recently that was done,driven awhile and then put away for about 20 yrs. Got the latest stuff of the day (Corvair IFS,brown paint,crushed velvet interior,Cragars) circa 1970. Another car, another story, Cat

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

Such a great story, really enjoyed reading it again tonight.

5. IMG_0706.JPG Going through some old pics, I thought I had posted this one from 1952, but evidently not. So, here's another good one from Marshall. His buddy had a Studebaker dealership in Memphis. He had Marshall bring the roadster down and put it on the showroom floor. Another good one of Marshall and the car.

Stogy, Tudor, StrickV8 and 1 other person like this.
  6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx SO much for bringing this one back up to the top of the heap! Somehow I missed it all these years and even better, the car in question is one I've seen images of before, wanted to know more about, and asked others about, but for some reason never got any further feed back on it! This this thread is a gold mine. Gary

3dnsouth likes this.
  7. Holy shit Tim! I totally missed this thread the first- second- third-time 'round. Such an amazing car with fantastic history. Should be a feature in Hop Up or Rodder's Journal, seriously.

3dnsouth and Tudor like this.
  8. That last picture is great since it is dated by the 1952 Studebaker banner.

9. IMG_0711.JPG Man, I thought I had more of these posted than I'm seeing. Anywho...

Here's one from the same show that it had the hemi in. Marshall knew the name of the gal there in the car, I can't recall it right now. Trophy girl for the show I believe.

10. It was in the July 1954 Rod and Custom.
    This is the cover of the issue.
    IMG_0699.JPG

The 3-window in the article is still around. There's a thread here on the HAMB about it. Don't have the link right here, but I'll edit it in later.
    The roadster in 1954.
    IMG_0715.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    This is when Budgy Haley had it briefly. They got a little creative with the story. But, what the hey, no sweat.

'52 F-3 likes this.
  11. Re-posted all of pictures in the initial post of this thread, due to the photobucket boning! Even added some updates (info/pics) that have come about since the original posting. The posting is pretty much worthless without the pictures, so....reloading was in order.

12. I'm gonna have to hunt down that issue.

13. Well, draggin’ a post up from the depths. Got a couple more pictures the other day from Marshall. I just love the old original pictures from way back.

The first one is another from the service station in Memphis, about ‘51 or ‘52. Marshall said the boy in the picture was Harry Booth, later a tennis pro. The other guy was a friend from the neighborhood, Buddy Cavalo.
    52551116-E6AC-4961-9941-487DB9F17816.jpeg

This second picture was taken at Halls Dragstrip, Halls TN. (old air base, taxiway strip, about 60mi. north of Memphis) The fella sitting on the front tire is Reg Beasley, of Balanced by Beasley. He was a sponsor of Marshall and the fellas in their later drag racing (successful too), doing engine balancing for a lot of the racers in the Memphis area.

A64FEE4F-7BA2-4D77-A03B-457D08F7B408.jpeg

If you look closely, just to the upper right of ‘Bugg’ on the side of their drag car, you can see the decal for “Balanced by Beasley”. 1966 NHRA Class Winner at the Nationals!

04420B02-6351-4C4A-895B-5EC2F66F684F.jpeg

Thanks Marshall Robilio for hookin’ me up with a ton o’ great pictures!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019