Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1935 Ford 5 Window Coupe Sheet Metal Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BanjoBoy, Dec 27, 2016.

1. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Un-chanel it, put a good floor in it. Convert the front sheet metal to a 36 (I'm partial to 36's) and dont make it a tail dragger.

BanjoBoy and Nailhead Jason like this.
  2. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Is this the answer???

3. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I give up, you win!

BanjoBoy and Johnboy34 like this.
  4. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Appreciate all the help guys
    Gonna unchannel and do it right

5. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Posted a want ad for sheet metal if anyone knows of anything
    Thanks
    Jason

6. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Couldn't find your WANTED add here on the HAMB?
    Don't get tunnel vision, put out feelers on The Ford Barn, CL, Check E-Bay every day, word of mouth, local Swaps, etc. I bought all my front end pieces separately here and there. Anything other than stock running gear and you should just look for a Hot Rod type floor, not a stock one which are scares. '36 front end sheet metal parts are far more plentiful than '35 (and sorry '35 guys) better looking! '35 do have better looking front fender though! '36 can be welded to horn panel for a one piece fender look. Do lots of homework, there are some great '35-'36 builds on the HAMB, check them all out, there will be little idea's on all of them you can steel! Start your search close to home than work your way outward. I have some parts left over I will be selling but your in CA. it shouldn't be hard finding parts if you have the time & money. Good luck on the build..........................................

7. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Milkweed on here was/is selling front sheet metal for a 36 ford

8. eberhama

eberhama

Also, keep your eyes open for a complete(ish) '35-36 tudor/fourdoor sedan. They still don't bring a great deal of money, and compared to piecing all the sheet metal together, you'll be $$ ahead. If you could find one with a good floor, would be even better, but with so much of your original structure gone, it would be invaluable to have a stocker to reference off of if nothing else. I parted a '36 fordor, and sold lots of stuff, made money and got a free front clip out of the deal.

brigrat likes this.
  9. adam401

adam401

1187542-1936-ford-custom-channeled-roadster-std.jpg 1187406-1936-ford-custom-channeled-roadster-std.jpg

Just some channeled inspiration in case you change your mind. Stole these pics off the internet. I'd like to build a channeled coupe at some point just gotta finish my other million projects. Good luck

10. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

That's a late '35 cowl, no rubber nipples like a '36. I'd probably be inclined to loose the channel and put fenders on it. They look so good that way. Coupe rear fenders are $$ unless you want glass. The front parts are out there.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. lakepipes

lakepipes
    from australia

Late 35 had the "X" on the sides of the firewall.

12. chrisp

chrisp

'36 have the 3 rubber nipples on the cowl sides. Good luck finding usable and affordable used coupe/roadster rear fenders. Doesn't Drake repop them?

13. cretin

cretin

Yea, Drake repops '36 rear fenders. Still aren't cheap, but cheaper then good originals.
    I think running boards are repopped too.

I hope you get fenders and running boards back on that car. There has never been a '35-'36 that looked good without fenders. (And now this is the part where someone posts photos of a fenderless car in an effort to prove me wrong, but in my opinion it always proves me right.)

Surf City likes this.
  14. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got extra front fenders and a grill for a '36 I don't need, as well as some other parts, but shipping from New York would be pricey, I suppose. PM me for details if you're interested.
    -Bob

15. chrisp

chrisp

Another way would be to get sedan rear fenders and cut and fabricate to widen them close to the flange to fit the coupe.