Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Aw crap.....RUST

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Nailhead A-V8, Apr 1, 2016.

1. southcross2631

southcross2631

My go to place for tri 5 used body metal is double nickel out of Athens ,Ga.
    I bought a roof for a shorty wagon project from them . Good people.

2. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Thanks Dumprat great results!

3. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

shit that was a really cool thread... but yeah the link isn't working too bad that was definitely worth a sticky....any ideas? admin?

4. It may have been killed, due to its wheels being OT?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

That would be pretty lame....

kiwijeff and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

I am no expert on working with Rust, but just seems like all my builds are rough from the beginning, so I choose the brushed acid wash method to neutralize and stop rust on area's that replacement panels are not available. First step is to grind off heavy rust surface areas, then use Prep and Ready Rust Remover & Pre-Primer in a Spray Bottle(Straight Acid, do not mix with water). Keep treated area wet with spray bottle and work with scotch brite pad for 20 minutes. Wash treated area with straight water and use epoxy primer as soon as treated area is dry. You can judge by the before and after pictures below.
    Rust two.jpg
    Apoxy Black Side View.JPG

7. What did I do?

Nailhead A-V8 and Hackerbilt like this.
  8. southcross2631

southcross2631

Looks like you left the rust remover on the front fenders too long! Just kidding looking good !
    One of my rusty projects. This after replacing the roof, both quarters. The entire floor from the firewall back and building both door jambs from scratch. Both rockers inner and outer. Otherwise it was cherry. 2015-01-01 00.00.13.jpg