Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage I’m a louver, not a fighter –at the Retro Rewind show, Dubuque Iowa January 7th 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36cab, Dec 19, 2016.

1. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Once again, The Hamb's very own Master of None will again be at this year's Retro Rewind show punching louvers on his vintage louver press. Nate Gentry of Gentry Kustoms & Restoration will be happy to punch louvers in your sheet metal during the show. And it is only $1.50 per hole. We will also have pre-punched and painted aluminum panels for sale in three different sizes- 8" x 8" @ $10, 8" x 16" @ $20 and 16" x 16" @ $40.

ALL of the money raised from the pre-punched panel sales and from the on-site louver punching will be donated to The Helping Hannah's Heart Foundation for children with congenital heart defects.

So bring in those hoods, panels, etc. and have some louvers punched for a good cause. Let’s make it a goal to wear out Nate’s arm and help some kids. (Photo courtesy of Royboy Productions)

Retro Rewind * Saturday January 7th * Dubuque Iowa
    2015-Retro-Rewind--155287-M.jpg

2. I see what you did thar' with the title :)
    work looks awesome!

3. Master of None

Master of None

Come on out for a great cause. As stated above, all proceeds of the weekend will Go to the Helping Hannahs Heart foundation. It's $1.50 a hole, set up included. Hope to be busy, see you there!

Sent from my XT1254 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. jvpolvere1

jvpolvere1

False advertising. It shows 50 cents per louver on the machine,
    ONLY KIDDING. ATTEMPTED HUMOR
    How about making some louvered panels available on the HAMB for this charity? For those not going to Iowa.

Sent from my SM-T377V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Texas Webb likes this.

5. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Way cool deal!

6. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

The Buffalo NY Fantastic 5 will be in attendance this year.Or...5 guys from around here.Ive been to this gig in the past and it is a blast!! 3 members of the Rods and Customs of Buffalo NY will be bringing a hand built trophy to be given out and I will give out ,or bring, one of my fuel pump-visible gas pumps.

This show supports a great cause indeed and needs your support.Dont make me shame you here...If I can ride 12+ hrs with a flaming knee that will be replaced on the Tuesday following the show,then whats your excuse???? See You There. Fedco

7. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Nice way to raise money for a worthy cause!

8. Master of None

Master of None

Getting closer to the show. We may have some extra pannels available depending on how busy we are the day of the show.

Cool side story of the press it was hand built by a guy named Jeff Carlson from Illinois in the late 70's. He was a traditional rodder way before it was cool. He used to pull this press behind a 32 5 window painted the same lime green as the lettering at the top.
    I've considered myself the new care taker and will only fix what needs to be fixed and keep it as original as possible.

9. ...it's a great thing you are doing to help the cause,...Jeff Carlson was a good friend of mine, one of the coolest guys I've ever known; sadly he left us way too soon,...here's a few old pics of Jeff , one towing the louver press with his flathead powered 37 Ford flatback, and a couple of his 32 five window, also flathead powered.
    Jeff would be so proud that his homemade louver press is still in operation.
    I bought a blank set of louvers from Mr. Gentry and cut out one louver to hang from my rearview mirror so a part of Jeff is always with me.
    jeff carlson 001.jpg jeff carlson.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  10. Bump back up for a worthy cause and some nice hot-rodders. Great work guys.

11. Thanks' for your charity work.

12. Master of None

Master of None

Coming up quick. Feel free to ask questions or set up a time to get something louvered. I will also have a enclosed trailer along if we get busy. I will honor show prices, and set up shipping or delivery within reason after the show.

13. ...another bump for a show with a great cause;...here's some art work I'm donating to the benefit art auction...
    retro rewind 2017 012.jpg retro rewind 2017 015.jpg

14. Master of None

Master of None

Rusty1 , your art keeps getting better and more detailed every year. Nice work!

15. ^^^thanks, your comments are much appreciated.

16. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back to the top for a great cause. Get your louvers punched in Dubuque this Saturday.

Master of None likes this.