Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Edelbrock Carbs ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparjack44, Dec 28, 2016.

1. moparjack44

moparjack44

I have 392 Hemi, with 2 - 500 CFM Edelbrock Performer II carbs. Can someone post pictures, or give me ideas for plumbing the fuel lines from fuel line to carbs. I want simple but that kinda stands out. Needs to be simple, because I have to do it myself, and I'm simple. Is currently set up and running, just needs more bling.

2. squirrel

squirrel

How about pictures of what you have?

and is it simple? I live by KISS

3. Yea, what intake do you have?

loudbang likes this.
  4. Larry T

Larry T

It doesn't get a lot simpler or blingier than what Edelbrock will set you up with. If I remember correctly, it originally came with braided line. 014.JPG

5. moparjack44

moparjack44

That's it. That is what I want. Give me some info? Was it bought as a complete kit? Where did you get it?

loudbang likes this.
  6. oj

oj

Check Druss' build, '31Vicky' I believe it is called and see how he did his, same motor & carbs.

loudbang likes this.
  7. moparjack44

moparjack44

I will try to post pictures. Again I'm simple, and very computer challenged.

8. Larry T

Larry T

Edelbrock sells them, look in Summit, Jegs, or Speedway.

Edelbrock 8091

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    loudbang likes this.
  9. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg The best will always be metal lines. Mine were all done using a bender and flare tool from HF. The 5/16" lines were bought from an older style parts house near me. Their Fitting supply trays had the extra fittings needed. I drew it out first so I knew what to buy. Each line had a flares and a nut so I bought shorter lines when I could. I used coat hangers as a template for the lines. There was no rubber lines used as the engine to fuel pump move as a unit. Good luck

loudbang likes this.
  10. moparjack44

moparjack44

Weiand aluminum.

11. moparjack44

moparjack44

Larry, I have checked all of those. I found for Holley and Demon, no Edelbrock?

12. here is a idea 1009clt_08_o-1956_ford_f100-392_hemi.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  13. Check SPEEDWAY, they might have them.

loudbang likes this.
  14. squirrel

squirrel

The combination of clamped rubber hose, and anodized aluminum fittings, looks kind of strange to me. Either run stock type stuff (steel tubing with inverted flare ends, and rubber hose with clamps) or run all AN type stuff. I found some nickel plated AN fittings when I put the Carters on my Chevy II, it looks decent, and meets NHRA rules (which is necessary since I race the car). I use the pressure regulator as a T fitting, the regulator is needed because I have a higher pressure pump. You can probably find a different way to do that, there are fuel blocks you can buy.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, though.

[​IMG]

thirtytwo likes this.
  15. Larry T

Larry T

16. This is a good clean setup, and it doesn't get any simpler than this. Twin port regulators are easy to come by and they make plumbing as simple as it gets.

Here's one that is so simple that about any whistle head could make one if you want a fuelblock/log.

[​IMG]
    But like I said to start with Jim's set up is about as clean and simple as it gets. ;)

loudbang likes this.
  17. moparjack44

moparjack44

loudbang and Larry T like this.
  18. buds56

buds56

Here is a 327 I did a few years ago 4-24-09 engine.JPG

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  19. desotot

desotot

This is what I did but I am about to change it.
    [​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  20. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

I'm in the steel hard line club here, these were fabricated using 3/8" brake line tubing. Fittings are brass inverted flare Weatherhead, readily available at your local NAPA store.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  21. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you don't like the red/blue fittings, ez off oven cleaner will remove it. Then clearcoat.

loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  22. Bugguts

Bugguts

Yep. I strip all the red and blue to get back to natural aluminum. Then I polish the fittings. Looks much better. The red/blue stick out like a sore thumb on most anything vintage.

loudbang likes this.
  23. Larry T

Larry T

You can get all the fittings in nickel, polished, black or other options
    now.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    loudbang, saltflats and mad mikey like this.
  24. Homemade log.....
    . 4209 02.jpg
    DSC06408net.jpg

deadbeat, loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  25. rfraze

rfraze

pass.JPG
    59 Vette for Mel Bryson.

loudbang likes this.
  26. moparjack44

moparjack44

Do you have picture you can share of your linkage and return spring set up. I keep trying, moving springs, adjusting idle screws and unable to get it to return to 1000 RPM without burping the throttle.
    It drops back to around 1100-1200. I burp the throttle and will return to 1000. I can adjust to where it will return to 1000, after burp drops to 800, but idles really low when in gear. Driving me nuts (short trip :().

loudbang likes this.
  27. moparjack44

moparjack44

Great info. I have rattle can clear, will that work OK? I have used clear fingernail polish on some items, and worked Ok, but don't know about gas line. Does this fuel line have place for fuel pressure gauge? Fed-Ex is suppose to deliver today, if not too late, I will start on that fuel line.

28. squirrel

squirrel

for the idle...when you disconnect the linkage, is there extra travel towards the "pedal up" position? or is the pedal keeping it from returning?

Usually this type of problem takes some head scratching, careful looking, and a little experimentation

29. moparjack44

moparjack44

I don't think it's the pedal. When I burp the throttle, it returns to where I set it. If I go to the engine, and push the throttle forward, it goes back to where I originally set it. By sight, it looks like the adjustment screw is resting against the throttle stop?

30. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg
    This the clear I use on everything, been built proof for me. I bought it at an auto paint supply store.

loudbang likes this.