Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone using flatheaders?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordguy91, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Fordguy91

Fordguy91
    from Fl

I ordered a set of headers from Macs thinking they were reds headers but they showed up and they are called flatheaders by exhaust designs. Anybody using these? Are they any good or should I return them and try to get a set of reds from somewhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

Do they look good?
    Do they fit good?
    The only headers I see on Macs for a 50 Ford are for a convertible *only*
    What are you working on?

3. Fordguy91

Fordguy91
    from Fl

They look decent. I don't know about fit yet as I just received them I just know a lot of people swear by reds and was wondering if anybody had any luck with this brand. I don't want to tear the truck apart just to have them not fit and have to return them and have the truck down for a week. It's a 1936 Ford truck they say they fit.

4. hightower611

hightower611

They are the headers that Drake sells. They look not bad but haven't fit test them yet. They are supposedly a cheaper thinner gauge copy of Reds.
    Reds wasn't available when I bought mine and I haven't heard if they are yet.
    Buy Reds if available first.

5. Fordguy91

Fordguy91
    from Fl

Update I got the headers installed today. I had to dent the drivers header to clear the steering box and put a small dent on the passenger side to be able to take the nut off the starter for the power cable.