Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Traditionally Styled, custom 41 Chevy coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NashRodMan, Oct 4, 2013.

1. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Here are some pictures of my 41 Chevy coupe. Its styled after a late 40's mild custom, in my opinion. I finally got the stance just the way I like it, i.e. not tail dragging but slightly lower in the back than the front like some guys would have done back then. Its statically dropped, no bags.

I didn't put this thread in the "custom" section because I changed whole drivetrain last winter to a hot Chevy I6 292 with Clifford cam, bored 030, 4 bbl Offy intake, split exhaust manifolds and dual exhaust. backed by a Camaro T5 and late model rear axle.

Enjoy the pictures!
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. Jbuhl1954

Jbuhl1954

Sweet ride bro!! Clean!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

4. Very nice example of the early custom theme with updated, reliable drivetrain for todays
    traffic.

(You saved yourself some headaches doing so, too; I blew a few trans. and axles
    in my '37 coupe w/270 Jimmy and stock d-train..)

5. wizzard23

wizzard23

Love this style of build. Awesome ride man!

6. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

thanks guys. I just like to drive them without the worry of breaking down. This is a reliable combination.

7. That's a good looking car! Really nice the way you fixed it up.

8. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It's looking great, Paul!

Did you get out much with it this year...and tighten those lug nut nuts real good?? ;)

9. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

That's a beautiful car and I'm sure it's a blast to drive!

10. Nice !! Love the 41s !!

11. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

haha Keith! :) I did manage to get out to Rochester a few times. I did 3 weddings too! That's a lot of fun. Here's a pict from a wedding in May.
    How's that garage coming along??

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. El Bombero

El Bombero

Very nice. I had a nice 41 coupe project I sold years back. Now I wish I had kept it!!!!

Mike

13. To be honest,I'm not a Chevy guy but your '41 really gets in my eyes,I remember my uncle driving a car that looked very similar to yours,,nice job! HRP

14. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Very nice. Love the style. Any interior pics. Looks like a nice driver..

15. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Some interior shots as requested. These are before I put the 5 speed in. I do have more plans for this car. I'd like to shave the trunk; and sometime in the far future (due to funds) chop the top a little. Other than that the car really doesn't need anything else. Well, maybe do something with the speedometer/odometer since I didn't do what's necessary to hook it up to the tranny.
    Anyway, enjoy.....oh, and thanks for all the kind comments. Paul

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd, kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  16. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

Man awesome car. Making me miss my 41 coupe, badly!!

17. Rogue63

Rogue63
    from New York

Really nice job ,love the stance. I'm working on a 41 two door now a couple of mods putting it into satin black and run that way.

18. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I would call it a "resto-mod".. Whatever it is, it's one cool coupe.. Nice job...

19. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Some interior updates for the Chevy. Well, last winter the mice did a number on the interior. They ruined the carpeting and the side, rear quarter panels on both sides. They peed/crapped everywhere and it stunk bad. So I ordered some carpeting from automotiveinteriors.com and Instabind carpet edging and went to town. Never did that before so I was apprehensive and excited at the same time. What got me the urge to do it was a thread by Themoose where he did his interior with the Instabind. It looked so good and easy that I wanted to do the same. Its not perfect but I think it came out nice enough. I really like the contrast between the dark brown carpet and the ivory piping. Total cost was about $400. While I was at I was lusting after the ivory steering wheels I saw online so I pulled the trigger on that. Looks awesome if I may say so. Well that meant I had to paint the shift knob to match. This all happened last spring. Recently I decided to order the door panel covering material for the doors and rear quarters. I continued with the ivory piping theme here also. I just got the first door done and am very pleased with the outcome. Panel coverings came from the same place; automotiveinteriors.com. I think I have enough to do both doors and quarter panels and the kick panels. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Whaddya think?

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71, Stogy and Roadsir like this.
  20. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Real nice job, Paul...it looks super!!!

21. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Thanks Keith. Whatcha been up to?

22. upspirate

upspirate

23. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

24. CME1

CME1

Very "COOL" looking mild custom/hotrod ! I like the un-chopped look. But it's your car, have fun with it.

25. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

thanks CMEI. The chop probably wont happen. I was quoted $10k-$14k. The unchopped look will have to do. lol

26. Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  27. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Kidcambell,
    Thanks for the info. I just checked out the thread and his website. That is amazing. I could ship the car there and back and get it chopped for less than half of my low estimate. I'll have to give him a call. Now I need to make a decision!!! LOL
    thanks,
    Paul

28. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

These are the wheel covers I'm running now. $20 for 2 at a swap meet. I think they are vintage aftermarket.

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  29. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Dig your car. Very clean look. That new steering wheel is sharp! Congrats.

30. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Thanks deucetruck. it really made the interior pop.