Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lurker Moved To Charleston SC

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 28HopUp, Dec 23, 2016.

1. 28HopUp

28HopUp

This was the intro I made in 2012 when we lived in Delaware -

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/fng-from-delaware.684866/

Since then, I've been paying the bills and lurking around here and GJ (we did manage a day-trip to TROG a couple of years ago). We just relocated to Charleston, SC and I am hoping to get back into a Model A in 2017. The move here was a pre-retirement (i.e. I am still working), but I will be needing a new project to occupy my free time. I hope to contribute here more than I have in the past.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. Hello and welcome back to the HAMB enjoy your ride...

3. Welcome back! How can one live without a model A? Post us some pictures. Thanks Ron...

lothiandon1940 likes this.

4. ......................I'm doing it, but it's a struggle.:( Hope to rectify the situation some day.:D

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  5. My heart is bleeding for you. There should be a law that no one person can own a 32 and 40 at the same time. lol Ron...

6. Another HAMBer in the area! Welcome. What part of Charleston are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. 28HopUp

28HopUp

Thanks guys! The new house is located in Carolina Bay off Rt 17 in West Ashley. I work in North Charleston off Ashley Phosphate, which means I am going the opposite way as traffic during rush hour. Our buyer's agent clued us in on traffic so we picked the house and work-rental locations for that reason.

8. There are a good group of hambers in the Charleston/Myrtle Beach area...check out the South Carolina social group/ HRP

9. 28HopUp

28HopUp

^ ^ ^ Thanks for the tip, HRP ^ ^ ^

10. Great area. Have friends in Carolina Bay. Your not too terribly far from me in James Island. We get together for hot rod lunch every Saturday in North Charleston. Some HAMBers and some not. All a great bunch of guys. It's at the Subway on Rivers Ave. near the Aviation Ave. intersection. Northern Tools is next door for a reference. Stop by sometime if you'd like. PM me if you need for directions and keep in touch. It would be good to meet up at one of the events in town when they get started again. I'm also part of the Myrtle Beach club (Assorted Nuts) that HRP was referring too so we try and make it to some of the out of town events occasionally.

11. 28HopUp

28HopUp

Thanks for the info, k5hart. I'm sure we'll cross paths. 'Just need to blow through all these moving boxes and get organized.