Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical English Wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DDDenny, Dec 25, 2016.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

First off, HO HO HO and all that!
    Now back to the subject at hand.
    I know, what can be so special to start a new discussion about English Wheels.
    Yea, Yea, Yea, I know Ryan will probably get on my ass about taking this over to the Garage side but I saw something this morning that I have never seen.
    I was a machinist for many years but was never around a lot of specialized metalforming equipment.
    Was watching a re-run of Ultimate Restorations and they showed what at first looked like some kind of English Wheel but the wheels were positioned on a vertical plane (got it), opposite of a conventional wheel. They were putting a crease (I think) in what looked like a long piece of ? 1/4 inch flat bar, not sure as I had only one cup of coffee in me. You know how TV programs are, bouncing around only showing little snippets.
    Anyway, I tried to find something on Google first with no luck so I thought I'd bounce it off my HAMB brothers, plus I just wanted to say HO HO HO.
    ANYBODY

2. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

how has nobody replied yet?! I thought I knew what you were talking about but googling showed me I was wrong. I asked a friend who has a shop and makes medieval armor, he would have amuch better handle on what piece of equipment that is

3. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Were you still laying on the couch?:D

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Nope, nothing like that, may not have been commercially mfg.

I was vertcal and so was that "contraption".
    Drink'n doesn't start til later today.

partsdawg likes this.