Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Christmas Storm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Dec 25, 2016.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Not your traditional Christmas storm in Nebraska. 60/70 MPH winds with heavy rain and temps near 60. Severe thunderstorm warnings in Dec. Really strange. Took my new aluminum enclosed car hauler out from it's shelter on the side of the shop and rolled her backwards and down a steep hill. At least it's still on wheels. Have no idea how much damage until it quits storming so I can check. Sometimes I think life's a shit sandwich and every days a new bite. Merry Christmas to all you HAMBers.

warbird1, Stogy and 1927graham like this.
  2. Hope you come out unscathed. HRP

3. Michael_e

Michael_e

Hey Krylon32, I'm a little south & west of you in Beloit Kansas - app 25 miles west of Concordia, Ks.
    Got real windy and the rains were almost horizontal out of the south. After things got calm, I had to go and check on my shop. All the doors face south. Some water pushed in but not too bad. Not much cleanup. Drove around town a bit and a bunch of Christmas decorations were down and some tree limbs. Guess it was not nearly what you folks received. Hope everything turns out ok for ya.
    Mike

4. We are getting snow and supposed to be blizzard conditions later today. Went to church this morning and it was snowing pretty hard. When the wind hits 50+mph later today it will be nasty. Flight cancelled for in-laws heading back to TN. Kids were excited about that, another day with Papaw and Mamaw. I ain't going nowhere till Tuesday. Hopefully will get the block heaters installed on OT dailies tomorrow. Merry Christmas all.

Tman likes this.

5. Not worth a shit today in Minnesota, come on spring/summer!! Merry Christmas everyone. stay safe!!

Chucky likes this.
  6. manyolcars

manyolcars

its 78 degrees and sunny in East Texas right now

325w likes this.
  7. Hermosa is pretty good kenny, but the fog/freezing sleet is coming on again. I know a few folks that went North to ski. Just a normal winter day............we will be 60 degrees again in a few days.

8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Holy crap Gary, hope everything is well. Had high winds here, but not that high.

9. Yeah Bruce,Aint it wonderful?? I'm liking the shit out of it too!

325w likes this.
  10. Yeah we are considering going to Deer Mountain on Monday. It's crazy but I do like winter. The winds have come in and it's pretty nasty right now. I don't mind. We are in a mean game of Phase 10.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

My older sister just moved to Rapid City S.D., blizzard conditions today, no hear from anyone. Lived there when I was in elementary school, saw a lot of that when I was a kid. Its fun when you're an 8 year old and school gets cancelled but probably not so much these days. Hope all is okay.

12. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Freezing rain. Ice rink driving. It was either this or 9-10" of snow. Would rather have gotten the snow but no complaints. Living here you just deal with it.

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

My mom and half brother moved from the Rapid area in the early 50's because of those kinds of weather conditions and my dad was from Duluth Minn. I have heard a lot of ugly storys from these areas.
    Kind of enjoy Oregons' "banana belt" winters.

14. imperialman67

imperialman67
    from minnesota

Yes, hard rain hitting the windows now.
    Very UN-Minnesotan for December.

15. Hope all's turned out well for you guys ! Tomorrow will be one year since I lost an old school buddy - he wasn't a car guy - but he had just made it to the 40th HS reunion here in the Dallas area where we had that freaky F5 tornado.....weather is not much to joke about......

16. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

as to the shit sandwich, here's hoping you get a taste of the bread brother!

17. Krylon, I am glad more damage WASNT done to it.Your right about you saying here lately.Bruce.

18. Don't miss the snow or constant Nebraska wind,......I just have to worry about hurricanes.........
    I hope your trailer survived

19. But the more bread you have, there's less shit to eat...

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

My wife asked me this morning what did I hear for a winter forecast..I said I didn't listen. She then asked what do I think it will be..I said I have not thought about it..Last week it was 7° and this Wednesday its supposed to get to 50's.. We get what we get and hope its what we can handle, crap shoot..

21. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

We got the nasty northern version of this very strong "Colorado" Low, 10-14 inches of powdery dry snow but high winds. I spent 8 hours outside in close to -20 windchills, clearing snow at my farm...

Attached Files:

22. Warmest Christmas Day on record in Dallas/Ft.Worth. 80 degrees.

Flat Six Fix likes this.
  23. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

I am straight north of Dallas about 1400 miles up I 29, amazing what a little distance will do....LOL

24. Gman0046

Gman0046

Never saw a more drastic temperature change then in the north Texas area when a Blue Norther comes through. You go from T shirt to winter coat in a heart beat.

Gary

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Come to Michigan. Don't like the weather? Stick around, it'll change. Yesterday, pounding down rain and 57 deg. Today, snow flurries and 34 deg. It could be worse. Last week the high was in the single digits to low teens for a week. A couple years ago we had sub-zero highs for 2 weeks and snow measured in feet. Northern MI got a record year of 248".

26. We had a blizzard the day AFTER Xmas in 2011 and we lost power in the middle of it. We had bare copper wires between the telephone poles and in the high wind they touched. Which trips the transformer, so it was 9 houses on my block impacted. We were abandoning ship to go stay with friends, I had drained the heating system and shut off the water, 40* inside the house. Me and my wife went out to eat, swung by the house and there were utility trucks on the block, we had power back on that night... whew!

Weather is funny here. 22* last week, 45* on Xmas and 63* today.

27. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

You just wait a little. If Algore was right...

28. manyolcars

manyolcars

I see news about the planet actually being in a cooling mode. Thats scary! Warmer weather has always been beneficial for humans