Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Motor Mount pads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PHIL COOPY, Dec 21, 2016.

1. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

Bought some new bolt thru motor mount pads from Speedway. They sure arn't much like the ones I bought from Speedway in the 90's. Don't think Bill would have approved these. They don't have the cup on the bottom or the stainless band around the rubber to prevent spreading . Think it would be wise to put a stainless hose clamp around the rubber?

Phil

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  2. The Chassis Engineering ones have the band and are better in that regard. I've also found the rubber to last longer.

3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. The speedway ones are garbage. The will fail within a year. the rubber will squash and fall apart and leave your motor banging around. Get some from Chassis Engineering. They will last for years and years.

Bandit Billy likes this.

5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Agree with above CE is the best.

6. CE X 3-4 5 times maybe.

If this thread stays up you'll get 1,2 skip a few 99, 100

7. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Wonder why someone hasn't replaced the rubber with nylon or polyurethane?
    It would be neat to make your own if you have a lathe.

olscrounger likes this.
  8. Seepwater

Seepwater

If you want to make your own, try using a hockey puck...just drill a 1/2" hole in the middle and you have a mount that will last!

9. Our old pal C9 was a strong proponent of machining hockey pucks for all sorts of pads, spacers, bushings, etc. he was right on.

10. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Hockey puck is a great idea. Living in FL I never thought about it.

11. I had my buddy make these up out of t-56 when I switched to the blower motor, these ain't squishing. motormounts.jpg

mad mikey likes this.
  12. I bought the speedway mounts when I was building my Model A. The rubber squished and cracked before I even finished the car. I threw them in the garbage and bought a set with the band around them.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Just replaced the Speedway motor mount rubber after 17 years...new ones better and through bolts larger.