Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hagerty towing/roadside assistance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28 Ford PU, Dec 20, 2016.

1. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

I have my cars insured through Hagerty and I see they have coverage for towing and labor cost if your car becomes disabled. It states they will pay up to $250 each time your car brakes down but you need to pay up front and summit receipts to get reimbursed.
    I also carry AAA plus mainly for my old cars in case of a brake down to get me back home but I'm thinking of dropping it no sense of having double coverage.

Has anyone here ever used the Hagerty Towing and Labor coverage and if so how smooth was the process? Also the few lines in the policy are pretty vague.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Did you do a search?
    Lots of threads on insurance.

3. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Yea I did. Couldn't find anything on collector car insurance offering road side assistance.

4. Shop boy

Shop boy

Their towing service is legit. They even made sure, at my request, that a roll-back was sent. Because of that, the response time took a little while but they kept us informed by calling back to let us know there was going to be a delay. They even called again to make sure our tow arrived when they said they would? (Our tow truck driver told us it was an exceptionally busy day, so we assumed that was the biggest reason for the delay.)
    No, I don't work for them. I don't even know anybody that does. I have three units insured with them. I have been very pleased with their service from day one.

5. DdoubleD

DdoubleD
    from Michigan

I have Hagerty on my cars, used the towing service and had excellent service. Short trip maybe 15 miles (I believe the first 10 miles is free), plus tip of course. So far I have had good service with over the phone and e-mail. Plus agreed value on classics.

6. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I'll stick with AAA and Grundy.

Shamus and seadog like this.
  7. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I have used it and it is real handy when you are far from home and do not know who to call for a wrecker. They have been real good sending a rollback and a good operator. Gary

8. Unless Hagerty has their own tow trucks, I don't see any difference.
    If you call AAA for the tow, they call Willies Towing.
    I you call Hagerty for the tow, they call Willies Towing.
    The only difference I see is which dispatcher (AAA or Hagerty) calls Willies Towing first.

gggholson likes this.
  9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Broke down 400 miles from home years ago.
    Flathead lost oil pressure.
    Towed it home with AAA.
    State Farm covered the remaining miles that AAA didn't cover.
    They ask why I didn't have a shop repair the car. Told them no Ford dealership knew how. :)

Slopok likes this.
  10. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

3 yrs ago, I ruined an axle on my 20 ft enclosed trailer with my '57 gasser inside. It was on a Sunday morning, it took Haggerty most of the day, but they found a flatbed semi and a BIG forklift. Everything was loaded and towed to the shop with no problems or damage. I was very pleased with the service, even the wait time.

bobg1951chevy likes this.
  11. 2935ford

2935ford

There are a couple of Hagerty coverage here. I have the unlimited up to 80km from home towing service.
    Had an issue with my '32 front brakes. I was just 4kms from home but didn't want to rick damage. Call the # on my Hagerty service card. The response was 20min and a rollback arrived. Very careful, considerate driver who understood and took good care of me.
    I'm impressed and kudos! :)
    it broke 002a.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  12. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I know the question is about Hagerty, but, I have AAA for over 20 years and have been towed many a time. Until, our race trailer lost a bearing on the way to Bonneville last year. Called for a tow and was in formed that AAA does not cover open trailers as they are commercial. They would have hauled a 40 foot toybox or enclosed race trailer but not the open trailer. So check with whom ever you insure with.

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I have Hagerty on three vehicles have been in the unfortunate situation of needing a tow and Hagerty was able to get it handled with no additional costs to me. The wait was about an hour each time for what the additional cost is I feel it is well worth it. Joe

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We have it. Used it twice, fast, friendly, no hassles. Somewhere I have a (very sad) photo of my Diamond T on a roll back being rescued, but can't find it. ;-)

15. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Thanks all for sharing your experience. It sounds like Hagerty treated you fairly and I know AAA has a good reputation.
    With our daily drivers covered with factory offered roadside assistance and Hagerty for the toys I don't see why I should continue with the AAA plan.

16. I have AAA for towing and collector car insurance on two vehicles and am very pleased with both.

17. thorpe31

thorpe31
    from nor-cal

I have AAA for my homeowners and the daily drivers. And then have Hagerty brokered through AAA. It has towing and service from both but the rate was less that doing it individually.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  18. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

I have it (5 yrs ) used it, no$$ out of my pocket,

19. I have Hagerty towing and have had to use it with no problems at all, they also cover ALL vehicles owned by you so they cover daily drivers towing as well. Both of my boys cars and my wife's are in my name so if they have a problem they can be towed under the Hagerty plan.

20. I really dig Hagerty. Have used the roadside a couple times. I have an old Caddy barge, so it's always scraping asphalt on normal tow rigs. Hagerty sends a nice flatbed, driver understands that I am an obsessive car loving freak.

We keep AAA Gold because I'm piss poor, our OT vehicle are total POS's, and it is a miracle they make it across town, or even start. The tow truck driver may have to get my kids to school before the second bell, hopefully he doesn't have to threaten to pull the rig over to the side of the road to get them to stop fist fighting, or they scream "I HATE YOU!" To the poor guy.

The AAA "Super Gold" sends Nanny911 driving the rig in that situation....