Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My AV8 flathead build.. blown...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hotrodderhaag, Jan 28, 2013.

1. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

for some reason when i upload them from my phone via the app,, it makes them small! pisses me off! im in agreement , pictures to me are better than reading

2. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

3. The sound of a flattie!

4. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

This little car has made some huge changes over the last 2 years. The supercharger has left the building along with the 21 stud and then the wire wheels. IT got a healthy new 8ba with edmunds heads and intake. It had a trial run with some black 40 wheels and excelsior tires, but then it got a nice patina set of black 40 wheels and white walls, finishing it off with merc caps. later i installed a 32 heavy axle up front, custom built a mallory dual point dizzy for it, and rebuilt the trans.
    I have been all over North Carolina in this car and the miles keep on racking up. Its been a great hot rod. Photos to come in next post

Elrod likes this.
  5. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

6. chopndrop

chopndrop

Great build, just read this whole thread again.

How did the 8ba fit in there? What pumps/pulleys/fan did you use? Any engine shots?

7. Didn't you used to live in PA? Or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

8. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

ill post some photos of what i did. I basically used 2 drivers side pulleys on the water pumps. and i now manufacture a pulley to fit an 8ba generator that accepts an early bolt on fan. It is very slick! ill dig up the photos and share them soon!

9. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

yes sir i did. i moved almost 2 years ago down to NC

10. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S920L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jet96 likes this.
  11. alchemy

alchemy

Can you do that pulley with a wide belt? Ever thought about putting a fan on the backside?

12. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i make them with both narrow and wide. the one my car is a narrow, and the pulley pictured by itself is a wide. putting the fan on the back side of the pulley? that would be impossible. it would hit the block and even the distributor .

13. alchemy

alchemy

No, I mean a small fan that blows on the generator like the original Ford pulleys.

14. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

ohh, sorry, what the hell was i thinking! i looked into that yes, its definitely do able. I havent seemed to get that far. I have ran mine all year without the fan on the back side. the gen has never even attempted to get warm. With that fan mounted on the front it moves a hell of alot of air into the gen ... I had intended to mill fins into the pulley, but as of right now, i can throw it in the cnc lathe and walk away. When i come back its a done pulley ready to go. Which makes it cheap for me to make. Making it with fins requires a much larger piece of material and much more mill time. I had planned on using machine screws to hold an original set of fins on the back. some day...

15. chopndrop

chopndrop

Did you use truck pumps and swap to the narrow pulleys? You selling those fan pulleys?

16. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I did use truck pumps and swap to narrow pulleys, however I also make mounts for car pumps to bolt to a biscuit mount just like a truck. I do sell the pulleys, however right now I cant produce them due to some spindle bearings in the lathe. The pulleys are not cheap. But if you want to fit an 8BA in a model A with the stock hood, this is what you need!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Bader2

Bader2

18. 31fords

31fords
    from SoCal

I have read this entire thread a handful of times the last couple years and it never gets old. Great pictures and videos.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. quickrack-alan

quickrack-alan
    from Ireland

Particularly nice old Hot Rod you made there.