Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects AMBR Potential contender

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frames, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Frames

Frames

Not a belly button, cookie cutter, seen one you have seen them all like the 32 that won this award 2016. What makes me think my car is special? *Hidden cowl. * Exposed 1929 coach reveal.* 3" dropped floor. *Custom frame. * Custom windsheild posts. * Plymouth dash. * 1961 Cadillac steering wheel. * Track nose. *Frankland Racing open backing plates. *Hilborn injected 1955 Corvette engine. Pie cut sectioned quarter panels. *Tubs moved out flush with the frame at the bottom. *Rolled pan. *Cut down Buick lenses with custom bezels. *Frankland V-8 quickchange. *1956 Mercury wheel covers. **** I am looking for a wealthy partner to help finance the completion. IE: the $30,000.00 Hollenbeck paint job. p1010039_0009_0081.jpg p1010058_0020_0091.jpg p1010034_0022_0076.jpg p1010062_0021_0095.jpg p1010017_0014_0110.jpg p1010008_0008_0102.jpg p1010001_0001_0098.jpg img094.jpg img093.jpg img092.jpg img091.jpg img090.jpg img071.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  2. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. clem

clem

Some nice work going on there.
    Thanks for posting.

4. AMBA?:confused:
    Do you mean America's Most Beautiful Roadster (AMBR)?

5. TigerFan

TigerFan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Athens, GA

I know your purpose wasn't to share a build thread, but can you show us more pictures of the frame? That thing is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have admired your project since you 1st showed it on here. Great workmanship! Best of luck on your completion of it. Lookn' forward to it!

keith adams likes this.
  7. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

what the hell do you want to get a rich guy involved for......looks like alot of the hard and expensive stuff is done....i know a project in its final stages will nickel and dime you to death......but do yourself a favor, dont sell your soul to a rich guy to get it done.....

Darryl Deir and clem like this.
  8. That's pretty trick !

9. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

I saw this in the for sale and always wanted to see more of it. Sweet project!!!!

10. Frames

Frames

I guess I did not proof read the title. Now I don't know how to correct it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Frames

Frames

It's getting to where these cars winning the big awards have THOUSANDS of hours in the detail work. Especially the paint. I just don't have that kind of time. I really don't think I will obtain a fat cat partner. Those guys want to deal with the big name builders. It's their ego.

Darryl Deir and LOU WELLS like this.
  12. Go back to the first post in your thread. Just above the first post, look for the "Thread Tools" button. Click to open and then click on "EDIT TITLE". ;)

Don't know if you can do this from the phone app. Might only work from desktop or laptop.

volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  13. Frames

Frames

The frame is 6" high at the rear, 5" high at the cowl, then the taper increases down 3 1/2" at the front. The bottom has a 1" radius to appear belly pan like. The front kick ups are hidden by the track nose. I curved the sides with a chain and a Port-o- p1010031_0006_0073.jpg Power. It matches the curve of the body perfectly. The center of the rear arches are flame cut pieces, capped top and bottom

14. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Really nice car. I hope find some deep pockets to help you finish it to the level you are seeking.

15. junkman8888

junkman8888

To be perfectly honest, I'd keep the title the way it is, the only reason I clicked on this link is to find out what an "AMBA contender" was.

volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  16. So what's your budget to finish? Certainly you have an estimate
    How rich does he need to be?
    Partner up with a paint shop

17. Beautiful work Dennis. You have something really special going on there. Thanks again for the Winters QC.

18. Well now, if that's not an all around great looking car I just don't know what is. The build is just awesome . What motor,transmission and rear end are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Darryl Deir likes this.
  19. roundvalley

roundvalley

When you find a partner, make sure he is one of the judges!

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ditto, stunning car Frames, blew me away the first time I saw it. Bears a passing resemblance to my desoto hemi coupester project, I don't know If I can afford to finish that either!

bowie and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. wicarnut

wicarnut

Beautiful craftsmanship, your level of skills, always was and still is OUTSTANDING !

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Man, the exhaust system is way cool!

23. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Very Kool, All I can see wrong is you need to get rid of the rainbow colored A N fittings.

24. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

25. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Wow that is beautiful. Great workmanship. Good luck.

26. I hope it works out for you.
    There's a truckload of work in it already. Very cool.

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  27. I'd hardly call Hollenbeck's Deuce "a belly button, cookie cutter, seen one you have seen them all" roadster ... and for the record, Darryl and the many friends that helped him build his roadster are in no way "rich" ... the only "wealth" they possess is that of talent & craftsmanship.

That stated, best of luck on completion of your project and your quest for the AMBR trophy.

28. broke hotrodder

broke hotrodder
    from NY

Pretty sweet, those AMBR cars are like 500k and so mutch attention to detail, but not all are made by bug name shops. Everything must be perfect, even screw alignment. And it all needs to compliment each other, even with all the investment you may never get something that thematicaly is "right" to the judges. I cant remember the builder but there was an AMBR winner that was an unbelievale work of art. He spent 25 years building it for himself, didn't finish it and sold it to someone else who turned away from his vision, poured untold money into and won. I thought the car was about as perfect as one metalman or gearhead could accomplish. The final results from the rebuild reminded me that money doesn't buy taste, and as I ramble on, the name of the car came to me. Look up the speedway special or indy special. All hand formed aluminum roush ford badass roadster. It was in the rodders journal, originally built by a crafstman for the live of it. A true showcase of talent from a indy bodybuilder from the tradition of miller style bodies. THE JACKIE HOWERTON /SOCAL SPECIAL. 2012 Ambr winner. Sorry I would post a pic, but still figuring that out.

loudbang likes this.
  29. broke hotrodder

broke hotrodder
    from NY

How about a few pics of that effie in the background.?