Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Winter is here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Dec 8, 2016.

1. dwollam

dwollam

I have always contended it was the rabbits running around my place that were breeding with the old cars! I don't know how it happens but I keep getting more and more vehicles!

NewGuyOldFord, that's a different spelling of my last name than I have ever seen, (Wallom). it is actually Wollam, pronounced "Wool-um". No problem, I'm used to it. Sometimes it gets spelled Woolman or Wollman. Have no idea how they get "man" out of it!?

It snow so much yesterday I couldn't keep up with it on my 1943 2n Ford tractor. Snowed all day and most of the night. Maybe some pics today. Yep, winter.

Dave Wollam

2. dwollam

dwollam

I trudged through the snow and worked on the '29 AV8 yesterday evening after the tractor work. Got the 2 valves lapped in and reinstalled the drivers side head. Maybe will get the intake back on today, then fire it up again.

Dave

3. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Sorry about that. Even trying to be funny I looked stupid........:)

4. dwollam

dwollam

Nah, ya don't look stupid. I liked joke anyway!

5. Drewski,I like your heater. I was working in my shop yesterday with the P-Tac heater and the propane torpeodo heater going but today its just too cold .26 in there .Tomorrow I will be back down there when the temps rebound up a little .Till then I will be having a drink and snozzing by the fireplace today. HEY I worked hard today making home made cookies. LOL. Bruce. 002.JPG

enloe, dwollam, LOU WELLS and 2 others like this.
  6. Gman0046

Gman0046

Bruce, you need auto have Sunny Girl curled up in front of that fireplace.

Gary

7. Gary, she was, you just couldn't see her.LOL.Bruce.

8. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Tomorrow
    Rain then colder with up to 1/2" of ice then rain again Saturday
    Wonderful just fucking wonderful

Bruce Fischer and Speedwrench like this.
  9. Going to be winter x 10 starting in the morning. Don't think we're going to get above zero until Sunday. Yay! I have in-laws coming 1481853776488.jpg in tomorrow and then also on Sunday for Christmas from Tennessee and Florida. Boy are they going to be in for a big temperature shock.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Bruce Fischer, dwollam and oldsjoe like this.
  10. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Here in Southern Ohio we have only trace snow been very cold family had me running around all day high outside today was 18 probably will be single digits tonight. I'm home and relaxing by the fire with a smooth cocktail and house slippers on. Joe

20161215_204501edit.jpg

11. dwollam

dwollam

Didn't snow yesterday, for a change. My tractor broke down, so the neighbor had a friend of mine blade his driveway. I also had him do mine. Woke up this morning to snow coming down again and a phone message from my friend the snow remover. Seems he hit my wife's 2015 RHD Jeep Wrangler while plowing last night (She is a rural mail carrier). Poor guy, he is going through some tough times right now but is way to honest to not call and own up to it. Sometimes ya can't win for losing! We have over 18" so far and supposed to be -6 tonight.

Dave

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  12. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

IMG_3265.JPG Those Packard taillights always look good!

13. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Yah no kidding, frozen merc.
    I love the machine, and I have been doing outdoor foot patrol, was nice early in the day, but getting bitter now.
    We are looking at a weekend with -40 windchills before it warms up next week

14. jvpolvere1

jvpolvere1

Got down to 5 degrees last night in the Catskill Mtns. In upstate NY. With the wind gusting to 50 MPH it was no fun.
    F250 diesel gelled up, so one of my nice cars had to go outside to let the beast inside to get warm.
    Hopefully tomorrow I can switch them back.
    Sunday will be 48 degrees.
    Go figure.

Sent from my SM-T377V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. dwollam

dwollam

Here are today's pics.
    20161216_122127.jpg 20161216_122135.jpg 20161216_122143.jpg 20161216_122210.jpg 20161216_122227.jpg 20161216_122309.jpg

OK, I have had enough snow for the season.

Dave

16. Still not much snow up here but it is -40c with the wind chill right now....did have the tractor running last night to feed horses but was a fight to get it going!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. CoolYourJets

CoolYourJets

Wow - it looks a lot different here in SoCal. It is still Winter cleanup time - time to pull and paint the engine. We just don't freeze our balls off in the process.
    [​IMG]

Bruce Fischer, dwollam and oldsjoe like this.
  18. Lil32

Lil32

19. southcross2631

southcross2631

Supposed to be 80 degrees here today. The wife and I are looking for property around Athens.Tn.
    So we can spend winters here and summers up there. It's hard to paint cars when it's a 100 plus in the shop in the summer. The paint drys in the air between the gun and the car unless you want to paint at
    midnight. Summers can be brutal down here, but I have never shoveled or plowed Sunshine.
    I guess every place has its goods and bads. Time to go weld some more patches in a customers Grand Torino Sport so I can get it painted before the year end.

20. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

13*F here this morning and snowing. Forecast is 5-8" for our area of western Ma.

21. hemiboy

hemiboy

22. hemiboy

hemiboy

IMG_0151.JPG -7 last night. Fun driving to work this morning!

biggeorge, LOU WELLS, Jet96 and 4 others like this.
  23. Aviator

Aviator

Today's high is 82 degrees. Snow is a 4 letter word here. Think I take a spin in the roadster

24. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

25F here today. Got lucky and the forecasted snow missed us. Spent the day in my 1 car garage replacing the brake lines on my DD.

[​IMG]

Snowing now, though, and the forecast high for tomorrow is -7F.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

biggeorge likes this.
  25. dwollam

dwollam

Yeah Noel, it will be nice weather then. Stop and say hi!

Dave

26. Well, our winter finally got here. Our high was in the in the low 70s yesterday. It got down to the low 20s last night with a high of 24 for today.

27. willumbilt

willumbilt

28. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    biggeorge, oldsjoe and dwollam like this.
  29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The view out my front window. Shovelled the driveway an hour ago, you can't even tell.:(:rolleyes: Last winter it didn't even snow here.
    IMG_1209.JPG

This is one time I could probably get away with posting a pic of my s10, there's so much snow on it, you can't TELL it's off-topic!:p

30. Roughly 18 inches of snow the last week and now it's below zero and wind chills in the mid -20's. Yep, I think it's here.