Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods would you save this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Los_Control, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Scrapping that car is like passing on Cindy Crawford because you don't like moles. We may all be brothers, but I just don't get some of the others.....

2. southcross2631

southcross2631

If I didn't live in Florida. I would be there to buy it. It would look awesome as a tow vehicle for my Morris Minor Gasser project. Save it ,don't scrap it.

3. Does it have a title?

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Good project. Would not let that one be crushed. As long as the buy-in is low, or better yet free...I'd go for it !
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

5. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I want to thank the H.A.M.B for getting this car to a new home.
    Scottie picked it up on Monday fighting the weather, 3 hour drive on bad roads 1 way.
    But he got it done, hats off to you.
    Inspector came by today, just knowing that the dry ground represented work being done to comply, he was very happy and said: Lets get together in a few weeks when the weather clears.
    Thanks again Scott.
    What I have not yet heard and waiting to hear, how was the 3 hour trip home with the car on the trailer?

Attached Files:

Spoggie, volvobrynk, kiwijeff and 7 others like this.
  6. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Always a day late and a dollar short, at least it didn't get scrapped.

7. Dude. I just saw this. I have a truck and trailer read to go for stuff like this. I definitely want it. Glad it got saved. I need it like I need another hole in my head.

Sent from my SM-G900T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

I'm glad Scottie got it. I hope he's a HAMBer and starts a build thread soon.

9. scotts52

scotts52

The drive home was mostly uneventful until the last hour. Started to snow and I didn't exactly have the best tow vehicle. I slid a bit here and there but it now sits in my driveway awaiting the thaw so I can unload it. It'll be on the back burner but I'll be picking up parts here and there as I run across them. I wish I'd have had time to go and get the free y-block in Walla Walla. Oh well.
    Thanks Fred. And thanks for all your hard work helping it get loaded. I just may have to make another trip to pick up that engine and tranny from you.

Scott

10. Awesome

11. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Glad this was saved.

Spoggie and falcongeorge like this.
  12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was thinking the exact same thing! I actually really like it, but I have way too much rusty old crap I will probably never finish already!:D I could see it with a 3x2 292 with an isky E2, belly burners, reversed rims and high crown beanies! But I don't think I have enough hair left to get a good pompadour happening...:(:confused:

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Scott, looking forward to a build thread this spring! Or next....:D

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

You could Australianise it like our utes.
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Please ignore stumpy, and erase this picture from memory. Even if it takes more than one bottle of bourbon. Stumpy, shouldn't you be busy finding more pictures of Chevy phaetons instead of posting horrible abominations like this?

volvobrynk, kiwijeff and mgtstumpy like this.
  16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That would be akin to trying to put toothpaste back in the tube George.
    Someone has a line at the bottom of their page that says something like
    "I can love any car a quarter of a mile at a time".
    Hmm, maybe a tunnel port 427 and a toploader.
    Yea, thats the ticket.

volvobrynk and mgtstumpy like this.
  17. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

Don't let the bastards grind you down, Stumpy! Ignore George. :p Some of us appreciate your Aussie utes, and wish we had more of them in the 'States. There's a good reason that '37 Studebaker Coupe Express utes sell for crazy money: they're rare and most of all they're COOL!

kiwijeff and mgtstumpy like this.
  18. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

Thank You Fred,
    Sorry I was a couple steps too late. Happy Scott gave it a new home.....

Thanx . . . Lynn W

19. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Scottie, your a good man..... I have a field of screams here. I bought a bunch of negleted, unloved, incomplete vehicles this year. I have enough parts to cobble together maybe 3-4 of them out of what I have. To save something from the crusher means alot! Unfortunately I paid way to much for my stuff, but I don't care. I love the hobby...

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

There's "quaint" ugly, and then there's just flat out UUUUUUGLY!:p Looking at the background of that pic, it looks like that thing is in the "outback". My guess is, most of the nearby towns have laws against that thing coming inside city limits. Traumatizes the children...:D

volvobrynk and CowboyTed like this.
  21. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

Your parents had an embarrasingly uncool El Camino or Ranchero, didn't they?

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Worse....Volvos.:oops::D

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. Wonder why the '55-'56 Aussie utes carried over '52-'54 rear quarters? Would be fun to build one of those, but a lot of work to move the steering and pedals over to the left side.

24. dos zetas

dos zetas

Pacer.... hmmm... in the 80s my riend Ellis had one. It was stolen by satanists in Minneapolis who tore the doors off and laid them in the snow in an "angel" pattern. They painted their satanist emblems all over the poor thing too.
    It was an omen. Don't give it to your niece.

25. rm621

rm621

I saw this one on Craigslist and was perving it in a bad way, only thing that stopped me is lack of room and a wife that thinks I have too many projects already! I was surprised to read the county inspector was on him about it, a drive through Finley and Benton City would lead you to believe they could care less. I suppose if he were in one of the doughnut holes like the places on 10th I could see them bugging him.

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

All started as a dispute with the neighbor. Actually a loud mouth open his mouth and shoot himself in the foot kind a guy.
    The kid threatened physical violence to a 81 year old man so many times, I cant count how many times the county sheriff was called to intervene. And all over some imaginary property lines the kid downloaded off the internet.
    Uncle had to pay for a property survey, and all the property lines are exactly where uncle told the kid they were in the first place.
    With a added kick, he also owns a 30' strip in front of the neighbors property.
    My uncle grants the kid access to enter his own property.
    Kid is trying to take over the 30' x 180' strip and landscape it as his own property.
    Now uncle has a lawyer and a criminal trespassing suit going against the kid.
    So the kid turned uncle into the county,
    County code enforcer said, he can own as many running licensed cars as he wants, and 3 non op per land parcel. Uncle owns 3 pieces of property connected there, can have 9 non op cars.
    He did have a couple living in a travel trailer, this was a code violation and have moved.

Not really a bad thing, thin the herd of projects that wont get to. Will be less for the kids to deal with when the time comes. Uncle is 81 and no longer drives, eyesight is failing him.
    Got a 47 Ford 3/4 ton jail bar with a flathead v8 sitting in the driveway.
    Nothing like the rumble of the flathead v8 to get a old hot rodders heart pumping.

rm621 likes this.
  27. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

How cool!!
    So you had a good childhood after all.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I think it's a nice car, and I would love to own and drive it! But first off it's to late, and I can't afford shipping also.

Good of you Scottie!

28. rm621

rm621

Didn't know that, I'm one non op away from maxed out but they're inside and nobody knows what I have! Too bad people can't just mind their business and leave others to their own.

Spoggie likes this.
  29. Cheaper than bringing in/ designing around new pressings. And down under taste was conservative. American cars were oft considered 'gaudy'.