Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage looking for Nov. '63 Hot Rod mag

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quidnunc, Dec 13, 2016.

1. quidnunc

quidnunc
    from pittsburgh

If anyone has the Nov.'63 issue of Hot Rod would you kindly check the Bonneville coverage for any photos of the Vesco #444 streamliner that ran that year. It was powered by an Offy 4 and set a class record. In particular I'm looking for a front view. I've already checked all the other usual suspects. This is the last one to check. Thanks for any help.

2. Fordors

Fordors

Don't have HRM, but I found it in Nov. '63 Popular Hot Rodding. Scan0015.jpg

LOU WELLS and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. metalman

metalman

I found my copy of the Nov 63 Hot Rod magazine. Only picture of the car in it is the same one in the artical above of the engine. I could scan it and post it in the morning.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. 5window

5window

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Get a PM to Enloe here on the H.A.M.B. he deals in old magazines, and he's a great guy!
    KK

6. quidnunc

quidnunc
    from pittsburgh

Thanks for looking but no need if that's all there is. I was hoping for a front view of the car that shows the unique front 'windshield' in the nose of the car.

7. quidnunc

quidnunc
    from pittsburgh

I agree, but there are no images on Google of this particular car in 1963 showing the front (as far as I could find). I've looked and I've also contacted Vesco and landracing.com and checked Car Craft and Rod & Custom and Popular Hot Rodding and Hot Rod and etc.... So this is why I turned to the Hamb hoping someone might have something, sort of as a last resort. So if you have a photo of the car as run in 1963 or know someone that does, the help would be appreciated. Thanks.