Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical windshield interchange

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by da dodge brother, Oct 20, 2016.

1. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

All mopar guru;s. What is the height difference in the '55, '56 Dodge/Plymouth 2dr. hardtop and 2dr. sedan windshields. Can I use a hardtop glass if I do a gentlemans chop on a sedan? The hardtop glass sure looks shorter ... Thanks...

2. Hardtops are generally a little shorter...

3. squirrel

squirrel

My old glass book doesn't have the dimensions. And it's been a few years since I had one of each sitting around here to measure...sorry.

4. well hopefully someone will beat me to it......to late to go check mine.....

5. desotot

desotot

hdtp windshield is 20x70 block size. NAGS # is 382
    sedan windshield is 22x70 block size NAGS # is 384
    The block size is the size of the piece of glass if it were laid out flat that you would need to cut the windshield out of.This measurement is always made to the next even inch.So the hardtop glass can be anywhere from 18 to 20 inches tall and the sedan glass can be any where from 20 to 22 inches tall.The only way to know exactly is to measure two actual windshields to find the difference. If you are using a new windshield, check it with a measuring tape to see how accurate it is cause quality control on new old car glass has really gone downhill. I've seen w.s. where there is difference of 3/8 of an inch between driver and passenger side.

6. Basically, the hardtop (no B pillar) cars, meaning the s door hardtop, new-for-56 4 door hardtop, and the convertible all use the same (shorter) windshield.
    Next, the post (have a B pillar) cars, meaning the 2 door coupe/sedan and station wagons all use the same (taller) windshield.
    True of all '55-56 Plymouths and Dodges.