Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thank you to: "noname"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geoking, Oct 5, 2011.

1. geoking

geoking

Sometimes you run into people that are just warm and giving of their time. No particular reason..JUST GOOD PEOPLE! Jim Arnold is one of those wonderful people you run into in life. I called Jim after reading some of his posts about glass installation on the H.A.M.B. I wanted to ask a few questions about installing glass in my coupe. Jim has been patiently explaining to myself the "how to" of rebuilding my coupe window glass channel and anti rattle after the top chop... with rivets instead of #4 sheet metal screws. Thanks to Jim...I have all that going in the right direction! I found a piece of Mercury rear window trim and called on Jim "ONCE AGAIN" this morning to ask how the Mercury rear window stainless is installed. To Jim's credit, very nice, patient and quite the mentoring, coaching attitude.
    Thank you to the H.A.M.B. for making this type of helpful contact possible. And a HUGE THANK YOU to Jim. You are very much appreciated.
    Regards,
    George

oj, ABONES, bct and 8 others like this.
  2. I met Jim a couple weeks ago. Nice guy.

What a character and a warehouse of knowledge.

lothiandon1940 and HiHelix like this.
  3. Good to know folks like Jim are out there ..... :)

4. belair

belair

Thumbs up.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Your right, when you have Jim helping, your in good hands. A real Top Quality guy.
    The Wizzard

6. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

When I joined the HAMB nearly 6 years ago, Jim made contact with me. He stopped by the shop a few days later, and we had a great visit. I haven't seen, nor heard much about him for some time now, hope he is OK.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. 73RR

73RR

Marty, you are correct, Jim hasn't posted anything since Nov 2015
    This is an old thread so we maybe don't know anything new.

Maybe he'll jump in.

8. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Since this thread got bumped I can tell you Jim is fine. I speak to him daily and help him when time allows. He's been super busy and planning on a dual-knee replacement surgery sometime in '17. He doesn't visit the HAMB anymore because I don't think he knows how to use the app (if he even has it) on his phone.

302GMC likes this.
  9. This thread is diffidently worth the bump.

10. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unless absolutely necessary tell him to have one knee done at a time. When I was doing my rehab after my left knee total replacement I wouldn't have been able to get off the floor if I had both knees done together. There was a guy in my rehab class who had both knees done at the same time and he was WAY behind in his rehab. Of course everyone is different but this is my take on it. Hope it works out for him regardless of what he decides.

11. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

But if they do both knees at same time it's impossible to do the wrong one........................

clem, Tim and Sinister like this.
  12. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I tried, trust me. He gave me a realistic and logical answer, so I can respect his decision. The Doc said his hip was in worse shape than either knee and asked if he wanted it done first. He has his mind set so who am I to try to change that. He's a stubborn mule . lol

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It's pretty common to have joints done at the same time, soon as you fix your bad knee your "good knee" is now the bad one lol. May as well just jist them over with.

Glad to hear he's doing well :)

Sinister likes this.
  14. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I think he plans on doing the Portland swap meet at the track in April with us, then he will start his bionic journey. If we get our same spots (2097, 2098, 2099) then it will be a good time- always is.

I'm going to try to help him with his phone so he can get back here.

Tim likes this.
  15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

As far as the phone stuff goes I just use the mobile site on my iPhone after I had trouble with the app and it works just fine for me

16. the stories of My Demise have been greatly exaggerated

crminal, Sinister, Tim and 2 others like this.
  17. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

... the guy who put the glass in Noah's Ark!