Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Fenderwell header cutouts.Lets see em boys and girls.........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by justadream, Dec 10, 2016.

1. justadream

justadream
    from Vermont

Im looking for different ideas for when I cut my frame up front on the comet project and also pics of how you cut the fenderwells for your headers. Would also like to see if anyone one here has a pic of a falcon or comet just without the strut tower mounts and the header just goes through the hole where it was located. LETS SEE WHAT YOU HAVE PLEASE.

2. justadream

justadream
    from Vermont

70 views and NOT ONE REPLY.......... REALLY NOW??????

3. gobybike

gobybike

How the hell would we know what you are working on WITHOUT viewing your thread?

I have neither a Comet, nor the inclination to cut one up so no help here other than to tell you to quit whining and to change your title if you are this impatient.

Have fun.

4. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

reply#2

A_Burly_Wind likes this.

5. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Use the search function. There's several threads on this very subject for Falcon gassers. Same car, different tin.

Search Strange Bird. It'll give you everything you need.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. justadream

justadream
    from Vermont

I think it says what im looking for in the question if you can read and I also didnt ask YOU if you were going to cut one up or wanted to either.

7. Abomb

Abomb

Nope, it says, and I quote " Lets see em boys and girls" I popped in here to see "what" we were looking at...thought it might be puppies or boobs...didn't want to miss that...Now that I know it's Mercury Comet's, I'll move along...

wbrw32 likes this.
  8. justadream

justadream
    from Vermont

Thats wayyyyyyyyy to funny considering I see threads on here all the time that just say that. DONT LIKE IT, then GOOD, keep moving on because I dont need you here anyways just to give your shit mouth opinion.

9. Abomb

Abomb

I got you to edit your thread title though, didn't I....Now, if you'd add Falcon and Comet to it, you might just get some answers. Well, maybe you would...except for that shitty entitled attitude of yours...

10. justadream

justadream
    from Vermont

GIVE a shitty attitude GET a shitty attitude. And yes you did get me to change it.

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Time for the good ol ignore button.

shawnsauto1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Weekend replies are generally slow to zero Grasshopper.

justadream likes this.
  13. somebody say boobs?

Abomb likes this.
  14. squirrel

squirrel

You can do a little searching, you might find something? anyways, I don't have a Falcon or a Comet, but I do have a Chevy II that got fenderwell headers. They're a bit different, since the front subframe bolts on instead of being welded on. The suspensions are very similar design. But you can do kind of the same thing I did, which was to cut out all the inner fenders and suspension stuff, and add a couple diagonal bars to support the front of the subframe to the upper firewall. and add a straight axle. And then there's all kinds of room for headers.

here's a Falcon example, I found with a quick google search, that looks very similar to my Chevy front end.

[​IMG]

justadream likes this.
  15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

This one just popped up on my Face Book Gasser page. You didn't mention your year Comet.[​IMG]

justadream likes this.
  16. justadream

justadream
    from Vermont

Im trying to build a 60 comet gasser style for the street. Thanks for the pic.

17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a few pics of my friend's '60 Falcon gasser wagon headers during his build a few years ago..............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

justadream likes this.