Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Those are tandem boards :D

2. jnaki

jnaki

Hello Edcodesign,
    I like the modern and old combination in the diorama set up. An old 50'S woody pulling an Airstream type trailer with modern SUP (stand up paddleboards) on top. This fits right in to the Southwest as SUPs can be used just about anywhere and the size/proportion looks right. Great diorama and models.
    Jnaki

Jigger likes this.
  3. Pete L.

Pete L.
    from New Jersey

What a really slick build ! It captures the era perfectly, I wonder why folks from the era don't build models in this style anymore.
    I'll to build a 1960's style model as soon as I can finish up what's on my build table now...thanks for the inspiration !!!

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  4. This is my most recent completion. It uses the AMT 25 T roadster parts out of the fruit wagon kit on AMT 27 touring running gear with the 27's engine and wheels. The car is inspired by the "Multy" Aldrich T, with a dash of the Bob Cressey T and others. I loosely modeled the front crossmember after the Aldrich T. I cut the fenders from the floor pan. I modified intake and exhaust manifolds from a Revell Model A, and made an exhaust pipe out of syrene tube. The heat wrap was made out of a used coffee filter after I wiped all the grounds off, dried it, and cut it into thin strips. I scratchbuilt a fuel pressure hand pump and added a fuel line. I scratchbuilt a distributor and coil, and wired the engine. The windshield was cut down and angled back. The hood straps were made from the foil around the top of a wine bottle. I glued it under the hood and made the ends hang to the insides of the frame so that the hood can be removed with minimal effort. The paint is cheapo flat black from Lowe's with Rustoleum crystal clear. The seat was airbrushed with craft paint mixed with Future, which is the first time I've sprayed craft paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BUMP for 12-11-16
    40 Sedan04.jpg

6. I enjoy seeing your builds. I started this one last night. It will be a Christmas present for my grandson. He is 9 and loves Hot Rods. But it's kind of hard to find Hot Rod toys now days. Ron... 002.jpg

AHotRod, kiwijeff, traffic61 and 6 others like this.
  7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Here is one I recently finished,a Monogram 29 roadster p/u that I changed the wheels and tires to get rid of the 70s streetroddish look. For one that did not get much paint work it got pushed back too many times and other projects finished first,originally it was going to be painted red but since it survived over 40 years I left it what it came in.

Attached Files:

AHotRod, kiwijeff, traffic61 and 6 others like this.
  8. Sauli

Sauli

Here's my latest progress from this weekend, a JoHan '64 Cadillac airbrushed '71 Buick "Lime mist Poly" a while back. 2-Stage automotive lacquer. Found some time to mask off the engine compartment and airbrush some black enamel over that, as well as some dk blue enamel over the engine sub-assembly. Plenty of foil- and paint-detailing to follow on this one, yet 20161208_204050.jpg 20161208_225438.jpg

Jigger, Pscott, AHotRod and 10 others like this.
  9. Flamed48

Flamed48

Does anyone know if there's a company out there that makes a cowl hood for the trumpeter nova?

10. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Working on a 51 Chevy hardtop with a bigblock Mopar for power.

Attached Files:

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just FYI and given the recent posts above, Diecast Direct (www.diecastdirect.com) has announced some 1/24 (hip hip!!!!!) trailers that will arrive in March 2017. Two variants of an Airstream (polished and satin) and a 15' Shasta Airflyte in several colors. That should warm your 1/24-25 scale hearts. It's about time, eh? They are about 20 bucks each. Mine are already on pre-order. I've no commercial interest in this post, just happy to spread the word. Gary

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. rc57

rc57

Finished the '57. On to the next one.
    Some good stuff here in the last week or so, just got caught up. That Vette race car sparked an idea for the future.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Great work on the BMF! :)

14. NICE WORK MAN!
    THIS I like! Very very cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

15. Good morning, it's hard to believe next Sunday is Christmas. I've been working on a 36 Ford RC coupe for my grandson for a Christmas present. More of a toy then a model, but still a fun build. Ron... 092.jpg 094.jpg

16. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Good Sunday to everyone. Here's a little display I put together a few years ago using Ertl's
    Blueprinter double dragster kits, along with one I believe started as a Revell Mickey Thompson
    Challenger kit.

IMG_1313.JPG

17. FB_IMG_1479081924364.jpg
    Car guys will understand.

18. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Snow day here in Colorado, so I re-chopped and lowered the '48 Ford coupe and chopped a "sister build" '48 Ford convertible with shortened side trim, a '47 Olds grille, and flathead. 20161218_165857.jpg 20161218_171519.jpg

19. Teaser update on my Vette/Buick custom conversion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

quick85, Pscott, rooman and 7 others like this.
  20. Some great post and builds Today. Here is a couple more photos of the 36. I knew that my grandson would be playing hard with it. So I decided not to go with paint. Like his Willys , it is much easier to touch it up in primmer. lol I just got rid of the iron crosses and added 096.jpg 093.jpg skirts. When he gets a little older, he can pick a color he likes. And I will help him paint it then. Ron...

Jigger, Pscott, thehazguy and 7 others like this.
  21. Also, I was just wondering has anyone customize these little match box, or 040.jpg hot wheel cars ?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Jigger, timmy2times, gonmad and 4 others like this.
  22. Here is one I chopped too. Frist time for a 1/16 inch chopped model A lol 042.jpg

kiwijeff, Jigger, AHotRod and 8 others like this.
  23. rc57

rc57

Hey Jigger, is that the Vette you were working on in the model club? Looking good.

I've got 2 that I'm starting, '48 Chevy and a tribute T.

I saw this T pic in the Vintage photo thread and just have to do it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff, quick85, Pscott and 10 others like this.
  24. rc57... I am embarrassed to say I am not familiar with the model club. Or I am and I’m being a flake. I started the kit conversion based on one of my illustrations some time back and hadn’t posted much since. I have more current updates to share but need to edit the photos for the web.

timmy2times likes this.
  25. musclecars

musclecars

been away for awhile and getting caught up with what I've missed,some awesome builds I must say from you guys.I have finished up a few to end the year,also been doing some re-arranging in the hobby room,so let's get this party started shall we ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a couple non-Hamb friendly builds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hamk's Speed Shop is going to be having a Grand Opening soon in conjunction with Speedville's annual car show,so stay tuned for that and thanks for looking and any comments you wish to share.

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas

26. rc57

rc57

The HAMB modelers club dissolved a couple of years ago ( a lot of good info and pictures went with it )but I remember you doing the reverse coves.

Jigger and timmy2times like this.
  27. BTT for Christmas
    Merry Christmas Everyone
    [​IMG]