Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Winter is here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Its in the 20s here in central PA. So I am in the house and on here.

2. broke hotrodder

broke hotrodder
    from NY

No room left in the garage, so I opted for the ultimate car cover.. Bring on the snow.

Attached Files:

3. Yep, we have been in the single digits for high temps all week. Just a dusting of snow but we'll get hammered yet.

4. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Florida, no thanks. Snow and cold aren't bad compared to swamp ass and sweaty balls.

5. Well at least I got my lights up before the snow!:D:p

christmaslights.jpg

biggeorge, maplefrm, dwollam and 5 others like this.
  6. dwollam

dwollam

Is that a giant shrink wrap? I hope it can breath somehow. I have seen many cars ruined by being tarped up so well that they sweat like crazy. A close friend had his Caddy ruined that way. Poor guy was so proud of how protected it was, then how sad he was when he opened it up.

Dave

upspirate and kbgreen like this.
  7. broke hotrodder

broke hotrodder
    from NY

It is heavy marine shrink wrap. There are two vents which have flaps over them to keep water and crap out. Also a bucket of charcoal to absorb moisture.

dwollam likes this.
  8. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Mass, January 1960, why I moved to Florida scan0025.jpg

9. noboD

noboD

Dave, you have WAY too many toys! Nice pictures, in the 20's and 30's here and I am SICK!

10. dwollam

dwollam

Sounds well thought out! Have you used that method before? If you have I assume then it works good? I would of never thought about charcoal. I might have to hit my neighbor at the boat shop up for the wrap.

Dave

11. broke hotrodder

broke hotrodder
    from NY

I put a had a cheap micro fibre cover that tore which is between the the wrap and the body. This is my first time wrapping my truck but use it pretty often for work.

We use the heaviest wrap made, it is awesome. The real fun comes with the heat gun. its propanw powered and shoots a flame out at about 800 °. Its a dual use tool. You get free hair removal on your arms while you learn to use it and go blind the the reflective power while working with it .

Charcoal was just sitting around and I didn't have any desicants, so in it went. It was more on the fly cowboying than planning. My neighbors are not very accepting of me having projects around, so I have too keep my good vehicles outside and everything else inside.

12. Mad Mikey, I am glad you got that off your chest.LOL.Bruce.

13. Jet96, O.K. time to get your ass inside.LOL.Bruce.

Jet96 likes this.
  14. jrblack30.That picture looks familiar.Were you on ever on Flea discussions board? Bruce.

biggeorge likes this.
  15. Speedwrench, when I live in Mount Dora Flordia and it got cold the natives would be wearing the parkas and still have their shorts on.Bruce.

Speedwrench likes this.
  16. Engine man I agree with you 10 years down there was enough for me. When I started turning the A.C. on in Feb. I knew it was time to move up north to the mountians of East T.N. P.S. I do miss the surf fishing. I would be on the beach every Monday fishing on my day off. Bruce.

17. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

We just got an inch then rain on top of it so everything is slush.

I almost ate sign post on the way into work this morning on good tires in 4wd.

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

We got almost a foot here in Burton, MI this weekend. Put the old Ford 9N to work.

19. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

I remember similar sights well from my Florida days.

Went to the store here in Michigan today ( temp in the low 30's with wind chill in the low 20's) and there was some dingaling in there shopping in shorts and flip flops. I really wonder about these people sometimes.

To give the Florida people the benefit of the doubt. The first time I was in the state was to run a night show in Jacksonville in early February. When we left Indiana it was -2 and when we raced I think it had felt warmer in Indiana than it did in Florida.

20. Lucky77

Lucky77

I hate everything about winter and snow. That being said, I refuse to store my roadster. This was Friday while having lunch with fuelpump IMG_1481576337.691530.jpg

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

My father used to say that if he had a farm in Florida and a home in Hell that he'd sell his farm and go home.

22. Gman0046

Gman0046

I don't own a farm in Florida just a beach house in the Pan Handle. It is truly Gods country. Some of the best beaches in the country, great fishing and sea food.

Gary

23. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Okay these 2 short videos are for you all, who think you got it rough in winter,wahwahwahhhh

Jet96, Hotdoggin DaddyO and oldsjoe like this.
  24. noboD

noboD

You forgot to say EEHHH? or is it AAHHH?

Jet96 and Flat Six Fix like this.
  25. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

I am Canadian but don't say eh a lot eh......LOL

Jet96 likes this.
  26. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Like I said earlier, I lived in Pensacola for a few years and would agree with you about the beaches and the sea food. I'm not a fisherman, but it seemed there was abundant opportunity.

I find the assertion of God's country amusing in that there seems to be a lot of places that have scenic beauty and the good things that go with it that claim that title.

A lot of my problem with Florida was that I wasn't there because I wanted to be and the culture shock was sometimes more than I could handle.

27. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Time to get the Traditional Winter Hot Rod out.....

[​IMG]

A balmy -8 F this afternoon in the Northern Red River Valley. The 25 mph westerly is a bit chilly though........

MO_JUNK, Flat Six Fix, Jet96 and 4 others like this.
  28. OK.:D:eek:
    6270936784425.jpg

edcodesign, mista, pat59 and 7 others like this.
  29. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

At first I thought DWALLOM was saying it was snowing cars where he lives :). I just get the white stuff in my yard but no 30's automobiles ever fall out of the sky.

30. Drewski

Drewski

Although it doesn't normally get as cold or snowy here in Tn as our neighbors to the north, I do enjoy the colder weather. I load up my wood stove and work on those projects that were put off during the hot weather. Time to finish that engine run stand that I started some time ago.

[​IMG]

biggeorge, LOU WELLS, Jet96 and 3 others like this.